• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Owning the bots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I played on ZDaemon the other day... Then I noticed that I was owning the bots.. :)

As you can see from the screenshot i got 100 kills and 11 deaths.. thats like wicked sick.. I actually got the grade Wicked Sick on time during the game... This was fun :D

owning_the_bots.jpg

The screenshot is 100% real.

Level 3
lol I didnt use anything I have never used anything that can "help" me in a deathmatch

and yes.. you do get wicked sick after some kills... but if you die you need to start all over again

Level 3
Funny you should say 'I don't use anything like that', check the top right of the screen.

It doesnt say shit in the top right screen... alltho. If you mean at the left part of the screen.. well.. thats the god damn chat... look at the list of players... geez

Level 15
Does this topic ask any sort of question or mention anything to discuss? It looks a lot like showing off, which may spark an interesting discussion if you posted something along with it to discuss. But it doesn't look like there's anything to discuss. :slp:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have not played this game but will try and state my reason why this could be possiable as I take it the AI are not easy.

This is quite possiable in any oldish game. As the AI was not very good, they gave them exceptional abilities of aim and stuff. However it meant they were as dumb or dumber than a fly. Basically they would fall for the same death everytime if you find a way to abuse their AI.

Modern AI tends to not have much advantage over human players as far as aim and sight goes. However they think a lot more human like and respond more human like in combat and thus is a lot harder as they constantly change their stratergies or use what they have more effectivly.

A good example of this is the old statergy game Empire Earth. The AI had an infinate advantage over humans as they had infinates recource and at hard difficulty a combat bonous. However they were still completly beatable even if outnumbered as they kept falling for the same defencive stratergies and made no attempt to change their stratergy to counter it, even if they were producing the most insanly powerful units possiable.

Modern AI like Supreme commander's does not cheat (unless you choose that special AI from the expansion that is an extra hard difficulty). However it seems even more insanly hard to beat as it does everything simlarly to humans. It can still be outsmarted thou but it is far from as easy as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.