• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Original Warcraft3, a thing of the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Barely anyone plays that anymore, Last time I got on here was only a 100 people.In the morning only 187, the only thing good about that warcraft3 is blizzard games(boring:eek:)

FrozenThrone pretty much killed warcraft3 region of chaos.
Your thoughts?

Level 8
I disagree. I make maps for both RoC and FT, I just convert them. I still play RoC from time to time, and I know a lot of people that still play it.

I prefer playing on RoC because there aren't so many little brats in the games. Simple as that, it's more enjoyable.

Level 22
well, thats to be expacted when an expansion comes out. Although originals are still played by those who dont like changes made in expansion (usually because of imbalances introduced by new units, ect). Originals are also simpler to play since expansions usually add loads of new features and content, making things simpler.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
Yeah, the problem is there is no custom players much anymore, only like 4 games on custom on RoC, Warcraftlll region of chaos is eventually going to die out

Level 5
I checked though, more people play ft, and the people who play RoC Melee games got FT and played FT Melee. Simply this again, RoC is dieing out.

Level 14
RoC is filled with imbalanced... like for example if you play 2v2 Arranged Team, you will meet Undead/Orc teams most of the time and they go wyv/sham/witchdoctor + dk/fiends... it's so boring. TFT adds more variety with new units and neutral heroes. Of course there are dominating strategies too, but you have alot of room left for innovation. For example Ud vs Orc was considered hardest for Undeads. But with use of underused things like Banshees, Frost Armor and Pitlord's Rain of Fire it became quite comfortable for undead.

Second thing... tournaments (automated and organised) are played on TFT only. No one really cares about someone's RoC stats...

TFT is dying also, but not that fast. Since few patches you can observe massive increase of game-search time (less players)

Level 27
Fact: There is no use playing ROC when you have TFT ...

Why? because TFT is ROC .. and so much more, TFT did add all things missing in ROC .. TFT is War3 completed.. ROC is just missing something .. and TFT adds the missing thing and makes it feel complete .. i dont see the use of playing ROC when you can buy TFT .. acctualy .. it totaly makes no sense !! xD

Level 8

Why? because TFT is ROC .. and so much more, TFT did add all things missing in ROC .. TFT is War3 completed.. ROC is just missing something .. and TFT adds the missing thing and makes it feel complete .. i dont see the use of playing ROC when you can buy TFT .. acctualy .. it totaly makes no sense !! xD

Don't state your opinions as facts, especially when you're wrong.

Level 6

FACT:Your wrong.

From my calculations, the players who play BNet on tft(talking about 3v3, 1v1 and 2v2's) are just so...stupid and its pathetic, I haven't seen a change yet so thats mainly one reason why I quited. I've seen far more better players on RoC, thats why sometimes I go on RoC, but thats rare for me. TFT is more advanced than RoC so its played more, but that doesen't stop me from going on RoC :).

Level 4
eh I prefere normal ROC games, im not too fond of TFT normal games. In my opinion TFT has better custom games, while ROC has better normal ones.

Level 36
I don't play RoC at all anymore... at all.... TFT maps are so much funner for me, and the new features made map making easier and more powerful. DoTa wrecks it, yes, but I don't care. Sifting through the crap, you find some good maps hosted from time to time, I never play melee maps anyway.

Level 5
Yeah, frozen throne should be called Icefrog's Throne, mostly everyone plays dota, you cant find a really good game exept for dota, but nowun can stop making maps, second to dota now is Gem TD, so maps get more popular by the updated map. Like dota was the worst game every when the first version game out.... until Icefrog studied....... /cry

Level 32
Single players can still get a lot of mileage out of the original Blizzard scenarios that started the Warcraft III frenzy; it continues to this day and is one of the most mod-able/mod-ed games ever.

Internet play of RoC is far past it's prime (IMO).

Level 12
roc is more imbalanced and I know what I am talking about. You just choose DH and do creep till lvl 10, then Potm, kotg and so on. Then triple ultimate=gg. Orks have nowhere to heal mana during whole game if there isnt any neutral well.

TFT is much more balanced, and more funny to me. Its like normal Diablo II and LoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.