• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overwritting Default Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
If i import a texture that will overwrite a default texture to my custom map. Will it change for every other maps or just that map which i imported in?

EDIT: I am confused and uncertain because i remember tides of blood map skins replace for other maps i made including melees that blizz created. But Warcraft Diablo 3 didn't do that.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 10
Tides Of Blood replaces files outside of the map only because it uses an early version of the Widgetizer in order to reduce load times, which has/had the side effect of making any other default models outside of ToB not load in other maps, or something similar.

Unless you do something like that, importing a texture will only affect the map they are imported into.

Status
Not open for further replies.