• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing the ground textures (terrain art)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to import my own ground texture in map.

Is there a specific size for that kind of texture?
Is there a way to use custom ground texture without replacing an existing one?

thanks for your answers in advance

Level 8
Thank you, good tutorial.

There is just one problem. I need to add custom texture in ladder map (standard maps played on battle.net). So if I change for example Ashenvale dirt, all maps that include that texture will be replaced by custom one.

This sounds ok, but what I want to do is, to put an image (logo) as a ground texture. If all ashenvale dirt changes to logo, this won't look very nice. I would need it only once, somewhere on the middle of the map.

That's why I asked if there is a way to avoid replacing texures.

If you don't know what I mean, maybe you watched some replays from official w3 tournaments. On those tournaments, maps have logos owned by tour sponsors on the ground. That's what I want to do.

+rep anyway

Level 4
I think that the trick would be to make a texture using that tutorial for placement, use only the image you want then when in the editor choose custom tileset (as you can add up to 2 tile types from other tilesets I believe) and add your new one, which is made ou of some tileset that you will not be using. That way you are not changing anything in the map but you can make the logo where you want.
To clarify what i mean about the logo part is use the edges of the logo with the corresponding edge piece and then make your logo out of edges... hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.