• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Overwriting buff icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi! In the map i'm making, there are 5 different healing potions, these are based on Rejuvenation skill (so hp is gained over time, and not damage-disabled). :ogre_hurrhurr:

If i drink one, the buff shows up correctly, but if I drink a second one (of the same, or another kind) then the buff icon dissapears, though the buff effect remains. :ogre_rage:

I'd like to avoid this. Setting potions cooldown to 10 seconds (same time as effect) could solve this, but I don't want high CD potions. I want potions effect to be overrided only by higger lvl potions effects, if used during lower potions effects. :ogre_icwydt:

Here's the map, so you guys can see what I mean, and test.
(Btw, I already know that Healing Potion (4) icon isn't showing, i'll fix that later)

Attachments

• Santi.w3x
    342.7 KB · Views: 49
Level 5
Hi! In the map i'm making, there are 5 different healing potions, these are based on Rejuvenation skill (so hp is gained over time, and not damage-disabled). :ogre_hurrhurr:

If i drink one, the buff shows up correctly, but if I drink a second one (of the same, or another kind) then the buff icon dissapears, though the buff effect remains. :ogre_rage:

I'd like to avoid this. Setting potions cooldown to 10 seconds (same time as effect) could solve this, but I don't want high CD potions. I want potions effect to be overrided only by higger lvl potions effects, if used during lower potions effects. :ogre_icwydt:

Here's the map, so you guys can see what I mean, and test.
(Btw, I already know that Healing Potion (4) icon isn't showing, i'll fix that later)

dont know if this will work, but u need to add a dif cooldown group, or if u r using JAZZ be sure to have a different ID for the items... it is usually good to change every property to 0 and then to shape ur item and it's components... fiddle around with it and u will get it

Level 26
Why don't you use one buff icon? Look on ladder potions - they all share the same buffs to prevent overwrite. You can also add all buffs (5 potion buffs) to each potion and icon won't be overwritten, although only the top buff will be shown.

I recommend using just one buff since no matter which buff you use, the tooltip is still pretty much the same anyways.

Level 20
You're right. I wanted it to be more realistic, but it's too much work for a modification of 6 pixels width/height :). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.