• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Spellbooks manipulation OR an alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Short Story:
Can you have spellbooks inside other spellbooks? I tried doing that, but the spells inside the second spellbook were shown inside the first spellbook next to the icon of the second spellbook, and the second spellbook inside the first, was unopenable.

If it's undoable, are there alternatives to panels that lead to other panels or something?

Long Story:
I'm trying to make a potion system that handles potions instead of the heroes, because the map has a lot of items, and to compensate for the lack of many inventory slots (And also to make drinking potions easier and faster) so the player won't have to carry the potions around or drop items to carry potions instead.

This isn't an original idea and isn't my idea, I saw in the Chosen Ones campaign. However I'm trying to make something similar using 3 tiers of potions.

You basically get a dummy hero, that you can select with the F4 command or any other. When that hero is selected, he's deselected and another dummy unit with the spells is selected instead. That dummy unit should have 3 tiers of spellbooks each containing commands to make a certain hero drink a potion.

The heroes don't actually 'drink' the potions or use the items, the potions disappear as soon as they're picked and an Integer variable is increased by 1. If the Integer variable is equal to zero, the spell won't work. The spells heal the heroes for 30% (Tier 1) 50% (Tier 2) or 70% (Tier 3) but only if their respective integers are more than 0. Also it's not just heal spells, I'm trying to add mana and restoration potions as well (Mana and restoration spells for the dummies).

I DID ALL THAT, but the only problem is that I can't configure the spell locations inside the spellbook. I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me, I just want somebody to point me in the right direction. (The spells in the 2nd spellbook are shown inside the first one and the 2nd spellbook is unopenable, I mean its icon is there, but clicking on it does nothing).

If it's not gonna work, are there alternatives or does anyone have an idea on what I should do, or even an alternative to spellbooks? Maybe upgrades? But upgrades are single use, these potions need to be consumed over the length of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.