• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Overriding blizzard.j for modding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi. From what I understand, the way to go about overlaying mods over the game is to simply copy the files with their path to the game directory. (ex: Warcraft III\Scripts\blizzard.j)

So I've done that, and figured I'd start with simple modifications. So I opened up my copy of blizzard.j that I grabbed from CascView into JassCraft and changed the value of bj_MELEE_STARTING_GOLD_V1 to 900. When I went to try a single player custom game with this change, any map with melee triggers would give a message saying "There was an error reading the map file." and so I couldn't start the game.

This seems like it should be a simple enough thing to mess with, what might I be doing wrong?

Level 10
You can modify the constants directly by setting them with a jass script that runs before you run the melee init stuff.

Would it be possible to modify the Upkeep Food levels and maximum food cap with jass as well? (I know you can do it through gameplay constants, but wondering if it's possible this way as well, or with the new modding features in general)

EDIT: Turns out you can modify these by simply overriding 'war3mapMisc.txt' directly in the game root directory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.