• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Overall Import Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i was wondering whats a reasonable overall size for imported models and such. obviously you want it low as possible to lower the map size but say there are a number of models that are needed. what is should the combined size of the imports be without dramatically increasing map size?

Level 4
models don´t do big increase of map size but textures do a lot if u have ur custom loading screen u must delete it and map can be about 1Mb smaller and if u have textures for units it must be blp and u can´t make them smaller

Level 9
Imported objects increases map size greatly but they don't cause lags. Loading screen takes from 500 kb to 1 mb. One model can have up to 500 kb weight, icon (BTN+DisBTN) up to about 30-40 kb, also music takes much space.

Level 6
ok. that was helpful thanks. but could you give me a like a reasonable import size? what i mean is say you have like 5 importeted things: 3 models and 2 imported textures. together they add up to say 300KB. would 300KB be "oversized". or is that nothing and you could add another 500Kb? its just an example. what is a "good" overall import size?

Level 6
yeah quality and fun factor are the most important asspects. if the map is good enough people would be willing to wait an extra minute or two. alrighty thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.