1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Over the Hills Episode 1

Submitted by tobyfat50
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

Map Info

Firs I would like to make some things clear!
My current life style doesn't permit me much free time. I am now a family man and have decided to quit modding for good, so this will be my last and final project ("the final chapter", "the final answer" to my love, a true art form of my heart). This means I won`t do any more Requests! I might also upload all my resources on this site, give away all my maps which are “collecting dust” like ASIAN GARDEN, etc…, I will grant permission to any hiver to take over my projects but I won't promis anything. Also I salute every person I collaborated with for the last time, IT WAS A PLEASURE!
I may do some terrains from time to time but afterwards I`m Gone for good!

" To all the people reading this. Live your lives from the heart, be the maximum of all you can be!"
" On this project I promise you my best efforts!"

Map also contains this information.

--- THE STORY ---

"This is the first episode of what I hope will be a short cinematic series made in Warcraft III.
My very first Cinematic."

* I hope this story will shine in
* your hearts, in this moment in
* time. It`s a reflection of my
* innermost feelings, the interior
* of my struggles and desires
* and also of the innermost
* chambers of my darkness.

"The inspirations came when I first spotted a cinematic music viedo on The Hive Workshop called "The Night Wish" by
"DST", then it hit me, the inspirations to make one also."

--- THE MAP ---

"Contains HQ models and textures, some made by me for example: some doodads, rocks, terrains (mountains, etc), efex,
scene montages, backgrounds, houses and other objects made in 3ds MAX5; wow or wc3 models with enhanced
textures; modified or enhanced wow textures, textures made entirely by me or textures form free texture sites (you can
finde this textures on any free texture site out ther) and also some free model trees.
I would appreciate it if the moderators could just accept the whole map as a full approved model library if not I encourage
any hiver out there to submitt the models for me but just remember to give me credits for them, that`s all!
The skins for the main character (villager model), the bad guy (villager model), the female (villager mode - red dressl) are
all my personal creation.
The trigger... are, just the usual "vegetables". OK, I have no Jass knowledge whatsoever!
That aside I think I will try learning Jass and use some cool systems so expect to see characters jumping over
mountains or destroying walls and some never before seen fighting scenes in the second episode.
The cameras are regular native cams with simple linear motion however, this will change from the nex episode."

--- THE BUGS ---

"Here is a list of bugs you might experience:"
*1 Buggy scene transmissions. "(this is caused because of wc3`s slow response, could have fixed this butI won't bother!
Don't hate me!)
Ps - Just let me make the next episode better!"
*2 Trees appear in the background (sky). "(No excuse here!)"
*3 Buggy sky.
*4 Characters do what they want. "(Units might wake up from the dead or go to random positions. Believe it or not this is caused
by the" -'wait'- "action", "can't do anything about it!)"
*5 [*] 'THE MOST SINFUL BUG OF ALL' [*]
The camera sways differently on a different resolution. "(I did not realize the camera sway is not fixe on a point and I am to
stupid to fix this, or is wc3 stupid?!
* I recommend you watch on 1024 x 768 x 32 screen resolution!!!*"

--- THE TEAM ---

"I am working solo!"

--- THE SIGNATURE ---

"Instead of protecting the map, which is going to get RAPED anyhoo- lol, I decided to make a signature which is actually a random
picture containing random objects, rescaled to a smaller resolution. In case someone suddenly feels like it`s trolling time and
wants to pretend it`s his/hers "creation", then comes in the signature which only I have in full resolution.
Besides, I`m generous enough to leave it exposed for you."
Enjoy@!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video

Warning spoilers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDc7kH9U2P8&feature=youtu.be

Keywords:
Nightwish Over the Hills wc3 warcraft Cinematic
Contents

Over the Hills Episode 1 (Map)

Reviews
11:08, 6th Mar 2013 Orcnet: THIS CINEMATIC IS IN TOTAL AWESOMENESS! ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE A TRAILER OF A BAD-ASS GUN ERA, BUT SINCE THIS IS A FAREWELL OF YOUR BEST RESOURCE, I GRANTED THIS AS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED CINEMATIC (:
  1. FireLord001

FireLord001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Downloading......
    Look like awesome
    The file was too big but I think I will be like it.

2. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Greatest terrain ever seen... 5!

3. FireLord001

FireLord001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like it...
    I like all.
    the animations,terraining,models
    But the camera was too fast and some of it glitches. try to fix that.
    And the file size was too big even it's a 7 minutes cinematic.

4. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sure you have eyes to read his description over bugs.

5. NourmeusXL

NourmeusXL

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is the Prison your model or you download it pls give me the link :)
    About the map its just freakin awasome,beutiful...
    But i wonder how did u do the mountains?

6. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey man, just wanna say this is a masterpiece, and wish you a farewell :D

7. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah well, deserves 4/5 because of the camera, though if you're making the next episode then you should have learned by then.
    (Your description says you've stopped, in a post you're saying you're working on ep.2)
    It's a neat cinematic, though Orcnet is getting too excited again with rating maps.

8. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you guys for all the comments. I am still working on ep 2 and you are right but I discovered a new way to make cameras and physics different from jazz. I may post some updates on the cinematic starting next week and some new maps on my maps thread. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/tob-s-maps-230243/
    Also my friend Vic is coming up with awesome ideas for the next episode and will also help me render the video. He's A master in editing that's why he will comes up with great ideas for ep 2 and 3 and try to give his videos a shot as well if you're interested in shooter horror games. Maybe you will like it, I know the videos are not great in commentary but he is making better videos recently.
    I did kind of stop but I mentioned Il make 2 or 3 more episodes, then I quit. Maybe I'll think about that more but my intentions now is to give up on modding.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. Lambdadelta

Lambdadelta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Brilliant terrain.

10. millzy

millzy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    every time i try to watch this it crashes my WC3 at the loading screen

11. xgeneralthorx

xgeneralthorx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I loved the terrain textures, models textures and the light. Very nice cinematic and epic sound.

12. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This never happened to me, I tried it on several other computers. Make sure that you have the latest patch If that won't help try something else.
    If anybody else has a running problem with the map please say so!

13. NourmeusXL

NourmeusXL

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Part 2 coming out soon? :)

14. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not too soon I'm afraid. My computer got a virus and I have to reinstall everything plus I barely managed to almost finished all of the draft. After I finish it I have to finalize the project which will take some time as well but I'll post some updates when I can.

Project Status 80%

15. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    as a terrain it was masterpiece.

Honestly - the terrain could be more useful in some "normal cinematic", so in other words - it is pity it's used just like this.

16. NourmeusXL

NourmeusXL

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damnn then il just w8 for it and work on my cinematic

17. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok so I finally fixed my computer and started to work on ep 2 again however I am going to spend more time doing research on new technologies and techniques for my cinematic. Thanks to Travaj optimizing and shading techniques my map will be more cutting edge in cinematics and I`M ALSO going to use some of my new systems. I`l post a demonstration for you guys about it.

This whole thing is starting to become complicated I think it`s time to make a thread!

18. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Soo... I wasted 2 weeks on doing research for a awesome shadow system that nobody actually ever thought about, ever. Also invented some new tech which I'm going to use in ep 2. Here is a sneak peek of the systems and ep 2. Spoilers don't watch if you don't want.
    Spoilers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The new tech
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know you may say you seen this before but it's a new shadow technique that uses no bake textures but shadow maps and multi UVW map channels like modern games Thanks to wick You can preserve HQ textures and even add bumping.
    --Bump system by Travaj--

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  19. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    awesome cinematic man! can't wait for the other episodes :D

20. tobyfat50

tobyfat50