• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Out of spell-room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My hero has the spellbook ability but I don't know how to make skills inside the spellbook level up with the character.

IE.

My character has chain lightning level 1 at level 1
I want it to upgrade to chain lightning level 2 at level 11 and so forth

chain lightning is in the spellbook so i dont know how to do it

Level 24
hmm. don't try it
i did and it didn't work out too well.
the second level spellbook will actually have no spells.
or that might have something to do with the fact that spellbooks only work when the book is in the correct slot.
if you actually want to though, create separate spells (one for each level) of each spell, and use the values for the separate levels. just change the spells on the spell list as you level up.
also, do u kno how to have more than 4 spells in a spell book? i doubt it has something to do with button position. with the abil that i tried i stuck five of them on and only 4 showed up.

note: as far as i know this does not work but if you want to try go ahead. the way i got around it was giving a second ability based off of Engineering Upgrade that tweaked the spell book ability. instead of having the spells get stronger as the spell book leveled, there were more spells available.

Level 6
Bad idea. You can make one spell with multiple levels and siply set level of ability - problem is how to do it in spellbook
(making more spells gets more room, loading time etc. - not good)

Level 4
Spell Limit in Spell Book

Well just a point of interest but there is also a spell limit function on the spell book ability which you can edit. I used tech requirements for mine in my (now dead) campaign. When a hero reaches level 11 set tec level of tech Requires hero level 11 to 1. Then it will be enabled.

Level 4
I managed to make it. Thanks for the info, everyone. I tested which one was easier. It appears I missed the "Unit - Set level of ability" trigger. Easy peasy like pie now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.