• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some Triggering help with Detecting Hero Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'd figure I'd bug you guys here first.

Since I'm very inadept with varibles and more advanced triggers, I need some help with this.

I'm essentially building a trigger based "Engineering Upgrade" for a spellbook. Essentially I'm giving a hero a spell book containing various abilites and giving him Hero "Passive" abilities that modify the spellbook. In other words When the hero learns the hero ability to increases the casting range of all "Spellbook" spells it removes the spellbook and replaces it with a duplicate spellbook containg the same spells, only with modified casting ranges.

I need a script that recognizes when a hero learns one of theses "Passive" dummy abilities, to instantly replace the old book with the new one. This of course gets harder, because I need it to detect what level the learned ability is AND I need a script that will implament multiple effects of these Dummy Abilities (I.e the hero learns the Increased casting range listed above, but next level he learns an ability that increases his attacking spell's damage. So basically when he has both of these dummy abilities the script adds the spellbook with both of these bonuses applied to the spells inside the spellbook).

I hope I explained that cleary enough. Also this is the first thing that came to mind. If there is an easier method to acquire these same results please let me know.

Level 2
I gave this idea a run through but I'd rather use the triggering system I described. So if anyone can give me a hand with it, I'd appreciate it very much.

EDIT - Okay I learn something new every day and I figured out one of my problems, but I still need some help with implamenting my multiple upgrade functions. I know it's a If/Then/Else trigger but I can't find the particular conditions I'm looking for which detect whether or not the Hero has certain hero abilities. again any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.