• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Organizational chart of W3 custom maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Hive forum !

I used to be a W3 player for many, many years back in the days and I am now working on a professional project aiming to show how Warcraft 3 custom games was the cradle of modern games.

Long story short, I am trying to summarize famous maps on an organizational chart, as parents and children of each others (let's say, AoS was a parent of DotA and ToB (I am not even sure if I am right on that one)). That would be the same for original TD being the parent of Elemental TD, other maps with LoaP, Auto-chess, etc...

Thing is, my knowledge of custom games is limited and despite my researches, I feel a bit lost.

I would be very thankful to anyone who could help me in that way or redirect me to any relevant resource.
I used the forum search feature but couldn't find exactly this.

Thanks a lot, gl hf everyone !

Level 1
First and last up, just in case anybody has some relevant information to share.

GL HF to everyone here, you seem to be a great and productive community after lurking here for a while, wish you the best through these hard times ,)

Level 1
Thank you for your reply. Yes indeed, I know it's a difficult task and I'm not expecting it to be complete, my point was trying to show how some successful maps share a "common ancestor" with other successful maps.
The thread with the 100 most successful maps on that forum helped me a lot in my research, I was just wondering if someone had already done that work before me, in a way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.