1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Orc Slinger

Submitted by z00rtaz
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
More orcs! Not a request this time.

What happens to blademasters once they go senile and too old to chop enemies with a giant sword? The orcs give the poor sods a barrel of pebbles and an old sling to twirl and swing like there's no tomorrow.

Intended as a ranged unit.

(Also learned that if the blend between hair and face is super crap, you can hide it with a headband.)

Update 1: Swapped the bag out with an actual sling.

Keywords:
Sling, Orc, Grunt, Blademaster, Terrible, Wrap, I, Just, Want, To, Animate
Contents

Orc Slinger (Model)

Reviews
16:37, 21st Aug 2014 MiniMage: It's actually a rather creative use of the blademaster animations. I would suggest you work more on it though. For example, the attack animation, make it bounce more after the attack, to give it more of a sling effect....
  1. 16:37, 21st Aug 2014
    MiniMage: It's actually a rather creative use of the blademaster animations. I would suggest you work more on it though. For example, the attack animation, make it bounce more after the attack, to give it more of a sling effect. Also, work a little on the mesh.

2. Thanotos 0mega

Thanotos 0mega

Resources:
    Resources:
    Orc logic: this guy is no longer trust worthy with a sword, we will give him a long range weapon that has great potential for throwing rocks in random directions, #whatcouldgowrong?

It looks nice, and it is a neat idea i don't recall seeing allot of

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    lol, this is funny :>

You could slingshot Garrosh into space using that :p

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, I think it's the first WC3 slinger I see. Do I have permission to have someone edit him to a human for my Ancient Empires map?

5. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks cool.

6. z00rtaz

z00rtaz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I could rig the human version myself, would you want me to. I've looked at your project, do you have a model that you wish to be edited into a slinger? PM me if such is the case. If you want Fingolfin to do it, he -absoulutely- has my permission, sort of an idol of mine.

7. Pson

Pson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure you can make it:) Fin's making to many things on many fronts so let's not overload him when we can! I'll pm you the details.

8. z00rtaz

z00rtaz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I forgot to mention, but if you're using this model, base it on the grunt and give him a long "attack 1-cooldown time" (2.1 seconds or so), makes the whole twirling animation look much better.

There's also a projectile matching the slinger (since there's none matching in the game files) here.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have a soft spot in my heart for "missing links"; models that fill in a Theme or Role that Warcraft doesn't. And not only does this fill the "basic Orc ranged unit" box that Trolls try to fill in the in-game Horde, but it also fills the "unit with Sling" box that, so far, is completely nonexistent.

Nice job. Very simple and a bit wonky, but nice job.

10. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A suggestion; an Attack 2 animation that swings from a different angle?

Also the spell anim could be throwing something huge.

11. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    love this ♥