• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Blacksmith Reforged

The Original Orc Blacksmith inspired by WC2 sprites.

The Orcs that live and work in the Blacksmith shops are veteran warriors themselves. Understanding the value of strong steel, they are always developing new techniques and methods to improve their weapons or upgrade the quality of their armor. The steel that they forge is essential in the manufacture of the devastating Catapult, and their skills also aid in the crafting of the strange mechanical workings that are used to improve the accuracy and strength of these great machines. Their expertise is often required for the construction of advanced structures.

No additional textures required.
No special path required.

Source parts used for creating model:

- Reforged Orc Stronghold model
- Reforged Orc Beastray model
- Reforged Orc Burrow model

Animations:

-Birth
-Stand
-Stand work
-Death
-Decay

Icons as a bonus.

Upd:
- Added portrait animation
- Wood fence is replaced with metal one.
- Added braziers.
Contents

Orc Blacksmith Icon (Icon)

Orc Blacksmith Reforged (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
An interesting model and a well made model edit. Works in-game.
Level 10
Keep em coming man this shit is lit. Can't wait to see what else you cook up. Perhaps High Elf replacements for human buildings that didn't get High Elf versions like the blacksmith and workshop?

5/5 +rep

Level 18
FREAKING AWESOME.

Okay, at first I was worried at custom modeling on Reforged. Now you made my hype af.

Just when I need such custom materials...

You sir are truly brilliant, +rep, +5/5, +everything, vote for president.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Keep em coming man this shit is lit. Can't wait to see what else you cook up. Perhaps High Elf replacements for human buildings that didn't get High Elf versions like the blacksmith and workshop?

5/5 +rep

iirc there was no workshop used for Blood Elves nor High Elves. It's the Town Hall that needs to be replaced given that the Castle has the Alliance crest on it

Level 8
I thinking the best way to do it is use the Observatory as the base skeleton then use the Silvermoon Spires as the corner pillars and then the Sunfury Spire as the center tower

For Citadel/Spire (Castle T3) yes, but I think it's more easy to use the base Townhall and add HE buildings into it

Level 2
Nice model, but, Can this model be imported to the original game editor or is it exclusive to Reforged editor? I tried to import it to the original editor but I can't.

Level 8
Nice model, but, Can this model be imported to the original game editor or is it exclusive to Reforged editor? I tried to import it to the original editor but I can't.
I dont think you can.. But even if, it's strange to use both HD and olds models IMO, will not look very good :eek:

Level 3
Hi, it's a great model.
However, I'm unable to locate the portrait file, it's just the model.
Can you assist? Thanks.

Level 3
I tried the model in Melee by renaming the file to warmill etc.
It all works, but the issue is that the model itself is bigger than the Orc Warmill and thus the units are like moving through the building/object and when you build it it appears like it's taking more space, but in reality it's the same.
If possible, can you provide the same model, but with a size that matches the original Warmill?
It will be appreciated, thanks :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Is this only for a custom map?
I just want to use the model for multiplayer games as well.

Level 6
I opened it in the editor, there were no flames or smoke, and the color of the flag did not work. Is there anything wrong with this?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 3