• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Optimizer - "Compress Names" Kills Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Having no idea about coding and anything at all... here goes:

After ticking the compress names option, the map I have optimized will no longer function :( There are no player slots D: Does ExecuteFunc have anything to do with it? Map uses vJass if that's anything.

Is there like... some other way to obfuscate the script?

Ok. I've said that much and am expecting some sort of insight :grin: :sad:

Level 15
Having no idea about coding and anything at all... here goes:

After ticking the compress names option, the map I have optimized will no longer function :( There are no player slots D: Does ExecuteFunc have anything to do with it? Map uses vJass if that's anything.

Is there like... some other way to obfuscate the script?

Ok. I've said that much and am expecting some sort of insight :grin: :sad:

Please give a link to the tool, if it's vexorian's optimizer I might be able to help you.

Level 2
Obfuscating the code is useless, there is an program that can deobfuscate any map and its free (open to public), as it can still be opened in MPQ Editors and JASSCraft/s program, the best way to protect your map is corrupting the MPQ Header itself, MPQ Corrupting doesn't destroy the whole map, actually, it doesn't do anything, it only prevents MPQ Extractors from opening the map. This method kills 99% of newbie hackers.

To MPQ Corrupt your map, you have to download a Hex Editor Program and open your map with it, remember to save a copy first before attempting to MPQ Corrupt, first is to search for the 512-bit code or also known as MPQ, if you see the letter "MPQ" on the screen, change all four numbers to the right of the MPQ to "00, 00, 00, 00" and your map is corrupted.

If you did anything wrong the map is destroyed, (yeah I'm serious) the map should still remain as a 512 if it doesn't, Warcraft III can't open the map. If success, the map can still be opened in the World Editor, so use Vexorian first before MPQ Corrupting.

Best results are Vexorian (World Editor), + Widgetizer + MPQ Corrupt,

I can do it for you if you want to. Just PM me =3.

Level 15
I have and older version, but it might work, if it doesn't let me dowload the 4.9 and I'll tell you again with a new screenie.

What I've checked/unchecked in the screenshot will optimize (Reduce it's size) and protect your map(impossible to open). The protection is always suggested (by me) because it grants an extra compression quality.
Opimizer.jpg

Last I heard, using the UnitAlive native in your script will cause the optimizer to not work with your map.
That's really the only thing I can think of, if you're using UnitAlive, replace it with the other methods.

Also, you can replace the unit alive checks with something else, then optimize your map, then edit it back in once the maps optimized (extracting, editing, and importing the war3map.j).

Status
Not open for further replies.