• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Opression of admins BETA

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In the evil domain of liesworkshop.com The admins and map moderators have pushed you to far rejecting all your maps while doing a very evil laugh. Pick up your arms and strike back. Train structures to spawn units so you can defeat the evil admins and map moderators.

Build structures that spawns units, make fund houses/commercial hq to increase your income. The game focuses on strategic building and unit use. Play as the rejected players or as the evil admins. Both sides have their unique buildings and units. The game is kinda like battlefield so if you have played that this is pretty simular.

Play as either the Rejected players or the evil admins, your choice

I think a special admin feels targeted out there but we ensure you were not targeting any1 at all, any simular names are completely a coincident.

Enjoy the game it is still a beta so there might be buggs but the game balancing is good i would say as the units have almost identical stats except for some few and the spells.

Terrain by svenska_0rmen and gameplay by adnan3

Keywords:
admins, opression, battlefield, 3v3, spawn, spawns, riverside, river, offens, offence, attack, builder
Contents

Opression of admins BETA (Map)

Reviews
18:11, 24th Jul 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Read post #12. Seriously, this is actually a map that can get approved... instead of walking away after each rejection, improve the map! Work on it and have fun working on it, if you don't have fun...

M

18:11, 24th Jul 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Read post #12.

Seriously, this is actually a map that can get approved... instead of walking away after each rejection, improve the map! Work on it and have fun working on it, if you don't have fun, just quit mapping.

Level 31
With such a horrible terrain, tooltips and hotkey setup. I am not suprise to see why nobody likes it at all.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...8/successful-and-productive-map-making-63419/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...what-to-do-and-what-should-be-avoided-119252/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...278/complete-list-of-things-that-leak-126761/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...s-278/the-importance-of-a-description-127031/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...he-importance-of-efficiency-in-coding-120105/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/polishing-a-map-114031/

If you ever improve your map upon being told, your map would definitely be approve. But what I seen right now was 2 little whee whinner wasting their time and energy creating another low quality work and rattling like a sick puppy instead of trying to learn more about map making and improve their skill.

Level 8
Rattling like a sick puppy..?

"But what I seen right now was 2 little whee whinner wasting their time and energy creating another low quality work..."

Septimus, you need to be just a bit softer on him. And you also state "instead of trying to learn more about map making and improve their skill". Skipping past your misconception of the English language, I'll get straight to the point: Was one of your first maps 5/5? I dont think so. Mine aren't. As for not trying to improve his skill, why the fuck do you think he made it? So he could get laughed at and harshly and unjustly criticized? No! He made it to get feedback on how well his map was made. I"ll give it a 3/5: Terrain needs work, leakign is a bit of a problem, but can been seen past, description is nice, units and some gameplay elements also need work, but overall, it is a approvable.

EDIT: Also, FIX YOUR TOOLTIPS!!! Tooltips really piss me off when they're not filled out. Get 'em done NOW!

Level 28
I think a special admin feels targeted out there but we ensure you were not targeting any1 at all, any simular names are completely a coincident.
Dedicated to: (quest)
A very dear map moderator thats not such a big fan of my maps, i think he won't like this one either :)
Hahaha, you're talking about me ^^ (still feeling bad that I rejected your maps, huh?)

Well, at least someone made map for me... I guess that's a good thing :wink:
I love the idea, that's for sure.
The unit "map moderator" (with tooltip) is a pretty good unit, I love him ;)

There are a few mistakes, though:
  • The terrain sucks: the tile variation is bad, you've used the height-tool in a wrong way (making 2 high hills and the rest flat) and you didn't use environmental doodads
  • You need a 'workshop' for the Ban-tower, but there is none.
  • There is no big variation in units.
  • The build-time is way too long.
  • The tooltip isn't good, it isn't appealing at all.
  • There is no victory/defeat condition (or it isn't working...).
  • I don't try to discourage mappers, I'm trying to make them realise that they need to improve. You can look at it as "shocktherapy", but then only with words.

Do I still need to say the word?
I think this map's topic is a perfect example of your rating ^^

Allright, I'll say it.. but only because "I love it so much":
1/5 - rejected. (though this is actually almost a 2/5 because of the idea...).

Well, there's a little piece of information I'd like to give you: instead of denying the quality of the maps, be hard for yourself, go find the errors you make, listen to people who have more experience - they're probably right.

Don't flame anyone because your maps have a 4/5 on EpicWar, but are rejected on the hive.
(lol, this is one thing I won't forget... someone who actually tried to defend his map by telling me his EpicWar-rating xD).

why the fuck do you think he made it? So he could get laughed at and harshly and unjustly criticized? No! He made it to get feedback on how well his map was mad
Actually, he made it especially for me.
He knows I was going to reject this, he also knows the reasons.

I didn't have to tell him, I could've said "1/5, rejected" and he probably knew why.
I have given him enough information on his other, rejected map about mapping, but he just ignores it ;)

Last edited:
Level 4
GOD why is it always you who decide if my maps are gonna get approved, with you on my ass im never ever gonna be able to make a decent fucking map. and i dont care what you say epicwar has more maps and more users, yes hive has alot of quality maps and models but my maps r still gonna get more atention at epicwar. btw how come only 1 moderator has to decide if its gonna be rejected or not. Thats crap only u dislike my maps and theyre gonna keep getting deleted, this is what the god damn game was focusing on, map moderators like you. You reject my map on those grounds? thats total bull**** terrain is decent the bantower could easily be fixed no reason to reject my map. The victory condition is there tis prob triggered wrong but also very easily fixed. The tooltips are also a easy thing to fix. And also the build time could also be very easily fixed. THERES NO GROUNDS FOR YOU REJECTING MY MAP OTHER THEN A PERSONAL VENDETTA!! and you know it

Level 28
I never let my emotions take control of my actions for these things.
This isn't a vendetta, it's an actual objective review.

I don't want to make decent maps and I never will, I only help people.
It's not that I can't, it's that I don't want to... otherwise I already had one.

Your terrain is crap. Period.
I've also said there are not much objects, so you need to add a lot of those (I'm thinking about 4 times the actual amount per race).
The gameplay also is very boring, it's a weak AoS without any nice features.

1 moderator can reject a map, that's true, but I am not the only one who rejected this map.
There are other people (no names named) who have voted for rejection, I base my rating on those ratings plus my opinion.
(Yeah, your friend gave it a 5/5, I can see those things... so don't abuse the damn rating system).

Moderator's are 'carefully' chosen and before I were a moderator, I have reviewed tons of maps.
If I based my reviews on personal issues, I never would've been a moderator in the first place.

and if you say it's all easy to fix, then fix it instead of flaming me - again!

Your map is rejected because it isn't fixed, I reject maps based on their current status.
If you update this map and fixed everything I have said, so be it - I'll change my rating.