• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OpenCloseGateDefense v9.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
You have 3 human heroes and your goal is to defend your base until you're strong enough to go and kill their Black Citadel.

2 player co-op or single player.

I made this level years ago and have been revising it for months now.

PLOT:

This is kind of a prequel to my map Orcs vs Goblins and Humans http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/orcs-vs-goblins-humans-7-0-a-186151. The humans have planned to eliminate every race and creature who won't bow down to them. By building small fortresses all over Azeroth, which are located near their enemies, they are able to split up in to small forces and slowly tear away at their enemy's defenses. You are in charge of one of these fortresses. The undead is making their last stand, and it's a big one.

Since my last map (Orcs vs Goblins and Humans) was mostly about offense, this one is mostly about defense, but there has to be some offense in order to win. Just don't leave your base for too long or it will be over run.

MAP INFO:

At the start player 1 can type: easy to play on easy, medium to play on medium, or don't type anything to play on hard.

NOTE: you move your Wisp right to open the door, and left to close the door.

The area of effect gets bigger with each one of these upgrades: War Stomp, Impale, Fan of Knives, and Shockwave(goes further).

Hero levels infinitely upgrade. Their spells can go to level 30, and their special spell can go up to level 10.

You get 50 gold for each kill that you make, and 400 dollars every 10 seconds.

You can combine certain items, just check out the combo shop.

Almost every item has two abilities.

For most of the game you will be defending your base. Build as many walls as you can, you will need them later I'm sure.

Once you are strong enough you can go in and attack their base.

Kill their Black Citadel to win!!!!!!!!!!

TIPS:

The most important spell of the game is the Geomancer's Healing Wave spell. His Starfall might be the second most important spell of the game. His pocket Factory is great if you are being overrun. The Blademaster is the next most important hero, because his Critical Strike combined with Mirror Image owns. The King's Shockwave is also one of the most powerful spells in the game. Use stun spells if you are getting rocked by hard bosses, and keep healing.

Credit goes to:

General Frank, HappyTauren, MC !, GUNNER, Misha, Akolyt0r, Alastor, levigeorge1617, Tarrasque, Static, and Tranquil for their models.

SCREEN SHOTS: (Click the Reveal button below)

2lij70i.jpg

Keywords:
humans creeps defense combo items huge spells survival heroes
Contents

OpenCloseGateDefense v9.5 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/07 18:55:36 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Rejected] The terrain is horrible to even look at for a second, you've picked the worst tileset, this is beyond any level so I suggest you...

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Sep/07 18:55:36
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment: [Rejected]
The terrain is horrible to even look at for a second, you've picked the worst tileset, this is beyond any level so I suggest you check out some terraining tutorials.
As for the map itself, this is really boring due to the default spells the heroes have and it just feels too empty.
Also in-game credits are required.

Staff Contact - Rules

Level 7
It's got trees, rocks, flowers, wheat, mushrooms, dead logs, bushes, cliffs, dirt, and tall grass, what am I missing? I couldn't put much in the base because you need to be able to build walls. I also didn't want too many doodads in the battlefield since there will be swarms of enemy units in it.

Level 4
This map is a ripp-off after some public hero defense but much more simple ... at least if you are making it like this add more players to the game make sure its lagg free make sure you got tooltips for high level spells remove unecesarly stuff and after you finish that release it here ... well not counting on those this map is pretty cool for public games and it can bring cool fun and stuff like that simple and catchy to the public ... keep working on it make it neat rating at the moment 3/5 just for the fun factor ! good luck !

Level 7
This map is a ripp-off after some public hero defense but much more simple ... at least if you are making it like this add more players to the game make sure its lagg free make sure you got tooltips for high level spells remove unecesarly stuff and after you finish that release it here ... well not counting on those this map is pretty cool for public games and it can bring cool fun and stuff like that simple and catchy to the public ... keep working on it make it neat rating at the moment 3/5 just for the fun factor ! good luck !

1. Considering I have never played "public hero defense", I can't imagine it's too similar.

2. I like making two player co-op levels. I will let the pros make 10 player levels. Besides if I made a level what are the chances it would ever fill with 10 people, when all everyone plays are the same levels everyday; Dota, Horde vs Alliance, and World War 3 for instance.

3. It's lag free on my computer and on my brothers cheap crappy 5 year old laptop that doesn't even have a 3d accelerator.

4. Every spell has a tool-tip for every level. There is one type of tool-tip that only allows you to see the first 3 levels. If it does 150 damage at level 1, 200 damage at level 2, and 250 damage at level 3, as long as you aren't in preschool you can tell what the increments are. You can hover above your spell at ANY level to see what it's current damage/effect is.

5. "remove unecesarly stuff" ? Can you be more specific. I thought everything in the game was useful or *necessary.

Last edited: