• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

only seeing infront of unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ha! I tried the same thing! What a coincidence :)

Well, for the "in front" region you would need a big (JASS) algorithm whic I failed to do. With that algorithm you can enum units in that region and this is where I stopped.......what now? How to make them invisible for only one player? Unfortunately, you can't add abilities for only one player (using GetLocalPlayer()), that really sucks, otherwise I'd use invisibility or something.

I believe there is not way, but I could, of course, be wrong. If anyone has an idea, shoot, but I tried everything I know.

Level 13
Uhm....you don't see with units, you see from a third person camera perspective (if that's what it's called). Even if you somehow manage to do that, that would have to depend on the unit you selected, right? What if you select multiple units? You would also have to include a limit range of the unit's sight.......wc3 is not an RPG, you know

Level 2
Hello,

I've been thinking about this for quite a long time. Wanted to make some realistic modern map, and I really need to know if that's possible to make it so any unit in the map (normal view) only reveals a cone of land in front of them, well their field of view.

No first person, no bs, I just want to know if that's possible and how it would work out with multiple units, simultaneously, for each player in the map.

Any ideas?

Level 2
Wouldn't that make the map a bit laggy for online play with many units?

edit: Anyway Maybe a rectangular region in front of unit would fit. The cone isn't that important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.