• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Only one person that knows JASS, vJASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Hi there,

I'm working on something, a team-based story driven RPG to be exact. I'm aiming for LAN though and not actualy battle.net

I myself am pretty capeable of terraining the whole thing and i would also probably be able to learn JASS but i just don't have the time or whatever to do that. If i had more time, i would've liked to learn it once but's its a little bit late for that now.

The map won't be big, the maximum level will be 10. Every level you gain brings a new choice, you get to upgrade your attributes, abilities or get to learn a new ability. (it's either one of these per level) As i said the whole thing is story driven so there will always be one or more main quests and a few that are optional for example to get some extra gold, strong items or other bonusses.

I'm pretty much aiming for diversity in quests in combination with a storyline and a bit of freedom to choose what people want to do. I might even consider making the team decide how the story continues and then maybe even load it into a sequal map where you can level up to 20. So yeah if this turns out well i want to expand the story and thus the whole gameplay.

I chose for this map to be small (like 192*192 if i recall correct) because it would be easier to complete that way. It's not that i'm lazy, this also allows me to use a whole other tileset in a next map.

So yeah, i only need one person that knows vJASS/JASS to implement some systems (which i also keep fairly simple) and do some other stuff which i won't be exactly sure how to do. I haven't done alot about the terrain of the map yet. like 3-4 hours work maybe, but i realized that without some functionality it would be hard to continue.

Just PM me for more details. Even better is to mail me on [email protected]

EDIT: I attached some of the terrain i already did.

Attachments

• sample1.png
    sample1.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
  • sample2.png
    sample2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
  • sample3.png
    sample3.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 96
  • sample4.png
    sample4.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 27
boing, the map actually has a name... "Dawn of the black blood" ... the puncline is "Every man lives, not every man truly dies!"

And yes that is from the Necromancer because well, it's awesome. (Wanted to contact an admin about changing threadname but who is doing project recruitment?? :s)

Status
Not open for further replies.