• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Online vs offline cutscenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a cutscene that plays for each player upon map start. Once I hosted this game it seemed to me that cutscene perfomance varied compared to when I tested the map solo.

Will cutscenes display differently in a single player testing scenario vs. an online hosted game with a full lobby?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do you mean performance as in acting or performance as in frame rate?

If you meant acting then that is either due to the use of TriggerSleepAction (GUI Wait action) which has different delay in multiplayer and is based on game speed or because your cutscene outcome is determined by RNG and you were testing with fixed RNG enabled.

TriggerSleepAction waits can be replaced with trimers which are much more accurate and based on game time rather than real time. RNG can be fixed in a similar way to how the standard cinematic mode action works, by storing a random integer, setting the seed to a constant value and then when done with the cinematic setting the seed to that random integer.

Status
Not open for further replies.