• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map doesn't work online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys
I have a problem with my map that I created. Yesterday I wanted to play my new map online. The game crashed at the loading screen for the other player but for me the map worked normally. I tried to play that map with him 5 times but always the same problem. Offline I tried to play with every player slot and it works. I also tried to play another map with him and it worked with no crashes. So there is a bug in my map.

Someone knows how a bug like this could arise? Where could I search for this problem in my map?
Here is the link of the map:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/253218/

I don't charge that someone search in the whole map after this bug because the triggers and object editor are confusing and are not really good configured.
I'm just asking for causes of a bug like this.
I hope someone can help me =)

Level 10
Mmmmh, that sounds bad. From my experience, if map is crashing, it's dead one. (Ofcourse, if there isn't obvious problem) Has the map under 8 MB?

Crashing can be caused by various things in the map. It's important to keep an eye on imported materials (models, sounds, textures) & triggers.

If you have made some backups during the map making, you can try to load older version and test the multiplayer. If it won't help, it's probably dead map.
You can try delete all imported material (if there is some) and import it once again.

Hope you will find a way, how to fix it. Good luck ;)

Level 3
thank you for your answer =)
I will try to figure out what is the problem and try to play multiplayer again. Maybe there is a problem with the imported files^^ Some of them I even can't change the path. Maybe I will try to play without the import to find out if they are the problem.
Strangly the map works local or can you not compared that to playing online?
If I will solve the problem I write it down :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.