• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

One spell request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys, i was happily making the heroes of my map and was making the ultimate skill of a tanking hero, spent several hours trying to make it, but failing to make it work in the end.

I'm no JASS user, so me using purely GUI is probably a reason why i can't make it, anyway this is the spell's tooltip

Redirect - Level ?
Enhances nearby friendly units and structures with protective magic, that every 3 seconds redirects all the damage they should have taken to the Titan Protector.
Level 1 - Physically deals 100% of the damage to the Titan Protector. Lasts 12 seconds.
Level 2 - Physically deals 75% of the damage to the Titan Protector. Lasts 15 seconds.
My tooltips may sound crumby, basically what the spell does is that it picks all units in a 900 Aoe around the caster and remembers the HP of the units at the start of every 3 seconds. At the end of the 3 seconds, if HP of one or many of the units is lost (due to damage ect.) then the HP is set to back how it was to the beginning, and then 100%/75% of the damage that should've been taken is dealt to the Titan Protector as hero physical damage. If the HP is more (due to healing ect.) then the new real is set for that unit so the healing is not lost. If the titan protector dies, the effects are relinquished from the affected units. If a unit dies before the damage can be redirected, it is removed from the unit group and becomes excluded from the spell, no damage is redirected. Lasts for 4/5 processes.

Was going to add special effects to the affected units but never got to that stage.

E.g Grunt has 100HP
Grunt takes 50 damage, has 50HP
3 seconds later
Grunt has 100HP, 50 damage dealt to Titan Protector

Unit group has a total of say 1000HP (10 grunts)
Unit group takes 700 damage (All grunts are still alive)
3 seconds later
Unit group has a total of 1000HP, 700 damage dealt to Titan Protector

Unit group has a total of 1000HP (10 grunts)
Unit group takes 800 damage (5 grunts die)
3 seconds later
Unit group has a total of 500HP, 300 damage dealt to Titan Protector

Do you get me? Spent ages thinking up a suitible ultimate for him and i'm very reluctant to drop it.

Would be awesome if somone could (help) make it for me, full credit goes to them.

Level 3
Wait how would the damage be dealt? Will it be the attacker of the building? Or will it be a random unit under effect of Redirect?

Level 3
Ok I know I can do this but it would be REALLY long and would probably leak so I'm pretty sure its bad doing it with GUI so sorry can't help ya ):

Level 37
I can tell you that this was no spell for a noob to make :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=jqelvy

It should work as you described. Do some testing.

EDIT: It does not repick units, only units that are inside 900 range at the time of casting the spell will get affected. Let me know if you want it to repick units every 3 seconds.

Level 13
I can tell you that this was no spell for a noob to make :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=jqelvy

It should work as you described. Do some testing.

EDIT: It does not repick units, only units that are inside 900 range at the time of casting the spell will get affected. Let me know if you want it to repick units every 3 seconds.

Thanks man, you did 100x times better than i did, but there was one thing, casting the spell straight away after it finishes, it doesn't remove the special effect from before (although the spell will have a cooldown, there is the problem of refreshing cooldowns-ingame). For balance purposes i suppose it is better that it repicks the units around the caster.
One thing that i didn't quite want was the spell was channeling, it's supposed to be instant cast - i suppose i could live with it being channeling. Hope this aint too much to ask, +rep anyway:thumbs_up:

Level 37
but there was one thing, casting the spell straight away after it finishes, it doesn't remove the special effect from before

Fixed. A new cast of the spell now overrides everything. If unit A casts it, and during that spell, unit B casts it, then unit B will override unit A's spell.

If unit A casts it while his spell is active, everything gets reset.

For balance purposes i suppose it is better that it repicks the units around the caster.

It now picks new units every 3rd second from the position of the caster. I could drop that time if needed.

One thing that i didn't quite want was the spell was channeling, it's supposed to be instant cast - i suppose i could live with it being channeling.

It's now insta-cast.

Use the link above to DL the updated version.

:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.