• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

One Big Project, stronghold style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Has everyone heard of... Stronghold kingdoms? i'm in the 4th alpha testing (last one before beta) and its goddamn fun, now i want help to bring it to you guys!
currently i have an ideas thread up, but i need a terrainer, triggerer (gui) and a skillful modeler that can make models from screenshots, and icon maker for the research icons and such.
What you can expect;
more realistic(ish) food than in normal warcraft 3 games!
•hapyyness/un-happyness systems!
•Custom resources! (including food, weapons, like bows and spears, stone/wood which are seperate and so on)
•Stockpiles for resources, so no triggered tables to keep reccord of them, granaries for the food and armories for the weapons
•Recruitment based on idle population and weaponry, for example, say you have 5 peasants and 5 spears, you can make 5 unarmored spearmen!
•variation between troops, based on what you make and have! for example you have metal armor and leather armor, 2 of each, and 4 peasants idle, you have 4 spears, 2 get created with metal armors and 2 with leather armors!
•What can such a game become without a load/save system?
etc etc.
at the moment, i want to use the world map thats out for the base, since like in the game, villages arent on the map, but in their seperate tab, i would like that so the world map doesnt have to be all squished up.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/shk-map-idea-thread-176083/#post1677384

Note: the map isnt started yet, not one bit, which is why i need a terrainer, one who can be europeanly correct, ask if you are up to it, i dont want great detail as its basicly just like...
This, its what the map looks like anywho so you could say its an ingame screenshot.
shk_kingdoms_map.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Interesting, i can make the systems for you in vJASS if you'd like, but im kinda busy with the project of adding heroes to ladder (if ppl will join), and some other project im working on right now. If i finish (the project will take some time), i'll be able to make more than just the systems ^^

Level 7
Thanks but im going to try to keep this to gui triggering, im not really a fan of vjass and i dont intend on downloading a third party program so i can just look at triggers of a single map, i mean, thanks for the offer, but unless its gui or mui, i want to steer well away from it, and anyway, i wanna prove that jass isnt the only way to make great games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.