• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One Aura at a Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to make it so that if a hero has for example two aura abilities, rather than having them both active and passive, I want it so that only one can be active at one time. To put it another way, a hero has two passive abilities, you have to click one to turn on its effect and display its aura SFX. If you try to turn on the other one, your current aura cancels and that one turns on replacing it. The idea is to only have one aura, and not allow two or more at once. Can anyone help me with this? (Triggers would be nice.) +rep

Level 11
  • Aura Changer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) AbilityChanger
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Aura1 for (Triggering unit)) Greater than (>) 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Aura1 from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Aura2 to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Aura2 for (Triggering unit) to (Level of AbilityChanger for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Aura2 from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Aura1 to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Aura1 for (Triggering unit) to (Level of AbilityChanger for (Triggering unit))
The Ability "Ability Changer" should be your heros ability the other 2 are the auras. Just use Berserk for the hero ability and modify its values :)
The Aura1 and 2 should have the same levels as the Changer and should be unit abilities :)

(btw i like rep :p)

@ N1ghthawk: :p was already writin ^^

Level 5
Thank you but, the auras are activated by clicking them as an ability (Like in WoW), they aren't passive. So this doesn't help at all, plus I don't want to have a seperate ability to make it change. Defeats the purpose a little, but thank you. Can you do it a different way? I'll still give rep for helping.

Last edited:
Level 3
Using Bear Form and Normal Unit Abilities should be able to handle your issue regarding the auras, not being active at the same time, and you could simply make Bear Form a Hero Spell and add a Level Requirement to it.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.