• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OMG It's coming this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello and welcome to "OMG It's coming this way! " (it is the most creative name i could think of for this map :p ) . This map is mostly focused around evading spells that are randomly spawned around the map, and fighting opponents by using your spells, to use the randomly spawned spells. More detailed description will follow.

Before i go on with this map, i want to say one thing - it is almost completely done in GUI . Yes, i know it sux and stuff, but im just a beginner, and i don't know JASS, so currently, it is the only way i can make maps. If you think that that is a good enough reason to say my map sucks and go around ranting about it, i suggest you don't read any further.

If you want screen shots, you can find them at the bottom.

Now, onto the map.

In this map, you start with a guy that is wearing an armored suit. This guy has 4 spells (not listed in order) :

Force Push : Pushes an enemy (or self!) in the direction the caster is facing. Can be used to save someone, to push someone into death or to save yourself (and push yourself into death ofc).
(one thing to note, the current version of this does not work correctly when you use it on yourself. I will fix that later :p )

Ruuun! : The self targeted version of force push. Once used, this ability instantly "pushes" yourself. Although it pushes a further distance along with greater speed, it can only be used on yourself (you dont need to target yourself though, you just use the spell like a normal ... say... war stomp)

Evade : Yeah, yeah, an evasion skill. Sure, it isn't very original, but it does help. When you activate it, you disappear for 0.75 seconds. Not much but enough to escape from some pretty painful stuff.

Sadistic Strike : Well at least something bloody and gory. This ability heals you for 100 hp, while dealing 100 (pure!) dmg to your target. Of course, the only ones you can target are other players.

The starting unit has 500 hp and 2 armor (which doesnt make much difference) . Each 100 seconds passed improve these stats. So at 100 seconds, you have 1000 hp and at 200 seconds you have 1500 hp + 5 hp regen. That should keep you alive.

Now let's talk about the spells a little bit. Instead of writing one single huge paragraph, i'm going to make a list. So here goes.

Legend :
x seconds elapsed - At how many seconds the spell starts happening
y seconds period - This means that the spell is cast every y seconds

So let's start.

Thunder Claps

10 seconds elapsed
3 seconds period.
Effect : 100 AOE damage and MS slow

Flame Strike
30 seconds elapsed.
5 seconds period.
Effect : Deals huge periodic damage, but has a slow casting time, meaning you have plenty of time to react.

Rain of Fire
50 seconds elapsed.
4 seconds period.
Effect : A Rain of Fire is cast at a random point. Each of these has 3 waves dealing 100 dmg each (300 dmg in total).

Mass Hex
70 seconds elapsed.
10 seconds period.
Effect : Each unit is turned into a critter, being slowed significantly and silenced.

Blizzard
90 seconds elapsed.
1.2 seconds period.
Effect : A single wave of ice shards is cast at a random area, dealing instant damage. Damage is low, but it is cast very frequently with little delay.

100 seconds elapsed - Player units get stronger

GOBLIN RAIN!
130 seconds elapsed.
1 second period.
Effect : Every second a goblin starts falling from the sky. When they reach the ground they explode, dealing low damage, but in a huge area.

War Stomp
150 seconds elapsed.
6 second period.
Effect : No, not a boring old war stomp. This one doesnt deal damage and doesnt have a uber stun. It's biggest quality is the ability to push you far, far away, possibly in a less comfortable place.

Camera Shake
170 seconds elapsed.
No period - constant.
Effect : Your camera gets wild, and it is harder to control your units.

Tornado
190 seconds elapsed
5 seconds period
Effect : A tornado is spawned which moves very fast and has an AOE slow and HP degeneration aura. The 5 seconds period is the time when it changes trajectory.

200 seconds elapsed - player controlled units get stronger.

Blood Mage and Blade Master (Blademaster isn't done yet)
250 seconds elapsed
10 seconds period (Blood Mage)
Effect : Every 10 seconds, the Blood Mage turns all player controlled units ethereal, making them take extra magical damage, and move faster (yes, faster) .
The Blade Master ain't done yet cause i had some problems, but when he is done, he will have a BladeStorm which he will activate, and when it finishes, he will go Wind Walk, go to a random location, and use BladeStorm there.

I've settled for a different Blade Master. The one i'm currently using (and is finished and working) works on the following way : The Blade Master picks all player units and attempts to attack them. If they are above 500 hp, his attack fails and nothing happens. If they are on or below 500 hp however, his attack succeeds, and the target is instantly dead. Note that successful attacks CAN, and should be evaded.

These are all the spells i have done so far. I'm planning on adding more heroes from now on.... maybe i will make them killable but very tough to do so. I don't know, i will think about it in the future.

With all the spells mentioned, it is time for some last words.

This is my first map which i have put some serious work in (I am working on another map - Stompers!, a simple arena map, however i'm very low on ideas so...) . So yeah, this map may seem a bit dumb but still... it is just a start.
Back to the triggering, i will say again - this map is made 99% in GUI (the 1% are the custom functions i used to remove some leaks... credits on the guy who taught me to do so will be below :D ). So yeah it is a beginner map and im a beginner. Bear with me :p

And now for the credits :

[Paladon] - For his awesome GUI knockback system. In case you want to take a look at it, here's the link

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...0-a-107719/?prev=search=knockback&d=list&r=20

And ap0calypse_d4m (sorry if i misspelled your name... i'm kinda in a rush while writing this so :p ) - for his great help on my other project, where he also taught me how to remove leaks and how important it is to do so.

Update! I've added some screenshots of the map.

(how to push someone right in the middle of a spawning flame strike :p)

Update 1 :

• Added Blade Master
  • Added Info Tab (F9)
  • Increased Camera Shake magnitude
  • Removed some leaks

The Final Thing :

Table of contents (what is done, what isn't done but i will do, what isn't done which i don't intend to do)

What is done
  • Pretty leakless triggers (atleast i think so)
  • 4 custom spells for the player units
  • many randomly casted spells
  • crappy terrain :p
  • a help tab (otherwise known as - renamed quest tab)

What isn't done but i intend to do
  • Add more spells (and spell casting heroes)
  • maybe add more units that players can choose from

Things i don't intend to add at all
  • good looking terrain (this is supposed to be as simple as it gets. I'm not planning on creating a good looking terrain cause I just want to keep things simple)
  • Direct PvP spells (yes, i know sadistic strike comes close, but that's as far as I will go)

Well, that's all folks. Hope you enjoy this map. Good fun and have lag.... i mean good luck and have fun :) .

Attachments

• OMG it's coming this way.w3x
    44.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.