• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old Witch

I really don't know why I made this. I don't need it. Maybe someone will though.

I know- it needs more animations. I'll make/add more in the future maybe. Simple warlock edit- but I'm surprised it hasn't been done by anyone yet before (?) (yet still took me forever T.T).

She's had multiple strokes... that's why only some parts of her face move...

(PS tested and works in game but may act weird in viewer)

keywords: witch ; broomstick ; toad ; hag ; old woman ; baba yaga ; prophetess ; bruja ; strega

---
edit: added stand channel and spell animation (renamed old spell anim to attack slam), made more witchy-er and fixed hair and updated pic

11/18/17: fixed death sound. Also I just discovered/playing around with geoset anim transparency and made a 'birth' animation for her. A 'dissipate' anim was also added for use as a hero (didn't add hero glow bc it is easy to add with matrixeater or I think you can add it via attachment if you don't model). Cut down 50kb off the filesize too.
Contents

Old Witch (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice and useful model edit. Good use of textures and animations. Works in-game.
Level 11
Thanks everyone!

hm.. i think her hair could be reworked.. take a look at the textures in war3.mpq ( the RoC one ) for a texture of orc hair. maybe that'll work better, with a bit of transparency in the material

I was about to do orc hair like I should have done in the first place (I got lazy and had it with racoon fur) but then I found vines and they work perfect.

btw the viewer gets geoset animations confused- the TC shoulders/coon don't blink like that in game

Level 11
Weird, my magos displays the model correctly. I updated it but the hive viewer is still funky. I do have a change in geoset coloring (animated in global seq) but it's only a detail on the eye- and for some reason the viewer thinks it also applies to the rest of the geosets that share the same material (and some that don't...) although again- it works correctly in game.

I had issues with transparency with the critters and that's why they are absent in the birth animation- but it's not too noticeable and isn't a big deal as the majority of people won't even use the animation anywho.

Level 21
Weird, my magos displays the model correctly. I updated it but the hive viewer is still funky. I do have a change in geoset coloring (animated in global seq) but it's only a detail on the eye- and for some reason the viewer thinks it also applies to the rest of the geosets that share the same material (and some that don't...) although again- it works correctly in game.

I had issues with transparency with the critters and that's why they are absent in the birth animation- but it's not too noticeable and isn't a big deal as the majority of people won't even use the animation anywho.
I was refering to my models :)

PD: Felwood will love this model.

(Insert Witch Laugh)

Level 11
I really want to concede to your judgement but this time I'd have to disagree. It's supposed to look that way. It doesn't look bad imo because that is the aesthetic I was going for- I can see if I can tinker around with it a bit though but still I think that particular thing is good as is.

I really want to concede to your judgement but this time I'd have to disagree. It's supposed to look that way. It doesn't look bad imo because that is the aesthetic I was going for- I can see if I can tinker around with it a bit though but still I think that particular thing is good as is.

As I said before, I know it supposed to look ugly, but it is not supposed to be technically made bad. The clipping in combination with the warped and twisted mapping makes is look technically not well.

BadEye.png

Level 11
Oh please, I wasn't angry in the least before, there's no need to incite something. Your initial comment was a little vague and I misunderstood your meaning until you provided more detail. Thank you for your feedback- It didn't occur to me the first time to do it how I now have it, and I had to rework a bunch of things to do it right- but you're right- the result is much better.

Oh please, I wasn't angry in the least before, there's no need to incite something. Your initial comment was a little vague and I misunderstood your meaning until you provided more detail. Thank you for your feedback- It didn't occur to me the first time to do it how I now have it, and I had to rework a bunch of things to do it right- but you're right- the result is much better.

I am not trying to incite anything, I am just cautious in dealing with you in the future, since I don't want to step on your toes or waste my time - that's all.

Level 1
she looks like a zombie more then a witch but cool model tho and she looks like gul'dan's ugly momma