• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old-school Lich King

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
"Let them come, Frostmourne hungers!" - King Arthas

Credit to Kwaliti for the helm of domination.

Changes
-Reworked every animation
-Reworked mesh a bit
-Removed unnecessary bones
-Compressed skin
-Changed Dissipate animation (Temporary, until I learn how to animate the undead dissipate)
-Added Glowing Eyes
-Removed a few glowing planes on Frostmourne
-Hero Glow now goes away on death
-Updated Picture (including preview of Angrathar Model)
-Re-wrapped gloves
-Re-wrapped arms
-Broadened Helmet Spikes
-Reworked Darkness inside mask, making it harder to see the inside.
-Changed Cape Texture
-Added Portrait Animations
- Updated all animations
- Added Slam animation
- Added slow walking animation
- Added Wow-like version with custom skin and improved animations
- Fixed leg bug on attack animations
- Added complementary "Sitting while looking cool" complimentary animation for the hassle of having to re-dowload
- Fixed the Ribbon effect on the WoW-like Lich King (Final Update)
- BAMBOOZLED, I AM THE WORST UPDATER - FIXED THE FADE @U@
- New death sound that actually sounds like the Lich King
- Now has proper undead dissipate animation
- Sword now leaves a ribbon in the air when attacking
- Now leaves footprints properly

Keywords:

Lich, King, Arthas, Menethil, Northrend, Scourge, Undead, Hero, RPG, Fantasy, WoW, Warcraft, World, Of, Classic, Original, Old, School
Previews
Contents

(New) Lich King (Model)

(Old) Lich King (Model)

Reviews
11:41, 19th Oct 2015 Misha: Give him proper portrait stand and portrait talk anim, give him a suitable death sound.. maybe lich? Also give his attacks the same attack effort sound like on a deathknight, to have that runeblade feel. then it'll be good...

M

11:41, 19th Oct 2015
Misha: Give him proper portrait stand and portrait talk anim, give him a suitable death sound.. maybe lich? Also give his attacks the same attack effort sound like on a deathknight, to have that runeblade feel. then it'll be good to go, methinks :)

nicely done, approved

Level 64
Looks pretty cool. Im not a big fan of the glow on the sword though... so much glow going on with the hero glow and that together xD

I see your point, I'll knock off a few planes or maybe add a frost-trail when he swings the sword.

As for the dissipate animation, I'm having a bad time with capes at the moment, in a spot of laziness I thought that it'd be strange to have an unholy hero "ascent" after he dies, I think I'll have him fade in black smoke or frosty wind.

Level 37
I see your point, I'll knock off a few planes or maybe add a frost-trail when he swings the sword.

As for the dissipate animation, I'm having a bad time with capes at the moment, in a spot of laziness I thought that it'd be strange to have an unholy hero "ascent" after he dies, I think I'll have him fade in black smoke or frosty wind.

You can just do the Undead Dissapate where the skull (their spirit?) ascends to the sky!

Level 50
The Attack 1 looks wierd like I don't know. Maybe it's just me but the second attack anim is awesome, you did a great job with that. I think it needs a custom texture and not just DK's one. Maybe you could make a frostmourne with some more polies, but it's your choice. You always stick to lower the size as much as you can. Nice job you did with the animations. Attack 2 and Spell channel are my favorites.

Level 11
You could leave Attack - 1 just the same as the Paladin/Arthas' default one. It's a good animation and it would fit the model. His left hand looks weird and a bit unnatural when he uses Attack - 1 animation.

Besides that, I'm not sure about the purple plate armor...I don't think the Lich King is too much of a purple fan.

But I do love the fact that he is team-colored:D
Maybe you could make his plate armor team-colored?

Level 5
This is actually pretty good, been wanting a warcraft 3-ish type of Lich King not those WoW kind. The eyes you can probably make them fit the eye holes a bit more and maybe make them glow(?) You could definitely improve the armour a little more to suit with the helm(which doesn't really fit)

Level 4
Oh I hope this gets approved...
I will admit the helm quality slashes with the over all look but I want him, I want to adopt him and name him snuffles!

Level 11
I seriously hope this gets approved and not rejected due to the lame excuse "Mein gawd we have too many Kings of Lichez!"
We may indeed have them but this one is just perfect Warcraft 3 style Lich King. One could say it's what blizzard lads would have made if they chose to make the Lich King.
(Off topic: May someone explain me why I have a "Grunt" as a Prefix to my name instead of the Peon?)

Last edited:
Level 21
I seriously hope this gets approved and not rejected due to the lame excuse "Mein gawd we have too many Kings of Lichez!"
We may indeed have them but this one is just perfect Warcraft 3 style Lich King. One could say it's what blizzard lads would have made if they chose to make the Lich King.
(Off topic: May someone explain me why I have a "Grunt" as a Prefix to my name instead of the Peon?)
I doubt it would get rejected for that reason.
Also,the grunt means you have more than 100 posts

Level 42
Just some suggestion
On the Hair could use this texture

Path :UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\Undead3D_Exp\Hair02_09.blp
To Look Slightly Cooler (Just My Opinion, Using Wrap to Reduce the Quality to Fit :p)

And there is a Lich King Helmet Texture for Ingame which you can use to reduce the filesize if the wrap fits :p (Or Rewrap it hehe)

Path: Textures\NerzulArmor.blp

Hope That Helps

This model is Extremely useful, even though there are plenty of other Lich kings model, There aren't any fits with other ingame model, I would say that this is a Really good work. (Those SuperHD Lich King Model fits more in Cinematic Methink)

I would Say maybe this is not Super HD, but this is the most practical Lich King Model Around :)
(just methink the Color Scheme should be more blue-is for a lich king? but since is ingame texture, is fine hehe)

4/5 :)

Level 2
I really really like this one. Awesome design and the animations are perfect.

Level 2
It would be great if you can make a version without helm

Wouldn't it just be the normal Arthas without horse model? I guess you meant import the same animations for it without the helm.

Level 2
There are tools like Reteras Model Studio and Ladiks MPQ Editor that let you import/export/delete model animations. You could just get a mountless Arthas model and work the animations yourself for personal use I'd wager.