• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ok new skill problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
im making a wolf character and im making him a skill like metamorphosis and i have everything it need i just need to figure out how i make the skill make his damage more; do i need to make multiple units or do i need to make a trigger also is there some way i can make him have different skills?

Level 7
You can have him upgraded by using triggers. There is something in Player - Set Upgrade for Player or somethin' like that.

Just place an upgrade to the Metamorph Unit and just upgrade it. That's all. You should do it like this..

In the initialization, you should set UpgradeLevel (Integer Variable) to -1.. Then use the trigger at bottom
PS: This trigger will only work for one unit. If there are multiple people having the same unit, this wouldn't work.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • (Hero skill learned) Equal to Wolf Transformation
  • Actions
    • Set UpgradeLevel = (UpgradeLevel + 1)
    • Player - Set Inc Damage Upgrade for (Owner of (Learning Hero)) UpgradeLevel
    • Player - Set Inc Defence Upgrade for (Owner of (Learning Hero)) UpgradeLevel
    • Player - Set Inc Speed Upgrade for (Owner of (Learning Hero)) UpgradeLevel
Why -1 not 0? Because when you learn it at first, then it would give an upgrade then..

Level 7
It cannot be done with more than one unit per Player. But it can be done by 1 unit per player.

If total units = 10, 1 for each player, the trigger works but, you have to make the triggers for each player, but you just have to change the array of the UpgradeLevel..

Ex.
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • [b](Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to (Player 1 (Red))[/b]
  • Actions
    • Set UpgradeLevel[b][1][/b] = (UpgradeLevel[b][1][/b] + 1)
Then change the array for another player

Last edited:
Level 6
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Set UpgradeLevel[[b](Player number of (Owner of (Learning Hero)))[/b]] = (UpgradeLevel[[b](Player number of (Owner of (Learning Hero)))[/b]] + 1)
Only requires one trigger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.