• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre Runt

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
NOTE: SCREENSHOT WILL NOT UPDATE FOR SOME REASON! THIS IS THE ACTUAL PREVIEW http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ogre-runt-202686/#post1995116

Some ogre children are stunted at birth, probably a side effect of Gul'dan's twisted magics to create two-headed ogres, but for whatever reason they are born this way, the Ogre Runts are treated terribly. The Ogre Lords, for some reason, believe a stunted growth can be reversed if the Runt does intense manual labor. Such labor includes building structures of clay, wood and stone for the Ogre Clan, repairing these buildings when needed, mining the precious mineral known as gold, and harvesting the wood the Ogres need. The Ogre Runt hides behind a cloth jerkin for their stunted growth limits their stomach size, and an ogre's girth is a mark of honor and age. The Runts are treated dishonorably, so why should they be allowed to show their minuscule stomachs?

Hey guys and girls! This is my first model I believe is able to be approved, the Ogre Runt, it's modified off of the peon(obviously) and is the first in a potentially large pack of ogre units. I know the portrait sucks but it's the best I could do on this model, and hey, better then no portrait right? -.^

NOTE: I -may- be able to update this later with a custom voice set, nothing confirmed yet though

UPDATED: Pretty big texture update, replaced pick with a hatchet, and put a horn on his head to better tell he's an ogre XD

UPDATE 2: Pretty big overhaul, fixed head, changed TC to make the model looks more original, I know the arms on the portrait are horrendous but there's no way I can fix that

Keywords:
Ogre, runt, peon, peasant, slave, dishonorable
Contents

Ogre Runt (Model)

Ogre Runt (Model)

Reviews
19:32, 30th Aug 2011 DonDustin: way too simple atm. do more edits to it DonDustin: looks better now, but you should still work more on the head, especially the nose area.

M

19:32, 30th Aug 2011
DonDustin: way too simple atm. do more edits to it

DonDustin: looks better now, but you should still work more on the head, especially the nose area.

Level 8
*Ahem*

The Ogre Runt hides behind a cloth jerkin for their stunted growth limits their stomach size
The Runts are treated dishonorably, so why should they be allowed to show their minuscule stomachs?

Ontopic: The head needs to be a bit bigger if you ask me.

Last edited:
@Misha Read the description xDD
@Ilike Okay, I'll see what I can do about that :D

My point is that it doesn't have enough ogre-ness... which has been fixed a little by adding the horn and hatchet.. but i'd like to see a lill more change on it..

like.. adding a TC Tattoo like ogres have on the shoulders, thus making the shoulders bare skin as well.. methinks that would be lill better, hm? :)

oh and.. that wrap on the head makes me wanna cut it off :v try to fix it, please?

Level 9
My point is that it doesn't have enough ogre-ness... which has been fixed a little by adding the horn and hatchet.. but i'd like to see a lill more change on it..

I'm trying to think of an update for the Runt right now, one idea was to make it a tiny bit less "Runty" and make him a -little- closer to Ogre analogy

like.. adding a TC Tattoo like ogres have on the shoulders, thus making the shoulders bare skin as well.. methinks that would be lill better, hm? :)

I actually tried that, looked horrible but I'll try again see how it works

oh and.. that wrap on the head makes me wanna cut it off :v try to fix it, please?

I tried and ended up making it worse, but, like the shoulders, I'll try again

Ty for the review and all the nice comments guys!

Level 3
:thumbs_up:Wow Warchief Grom :D
your clan is just really Powerful to tame Ogres ;D
Testing in progress...

EDIT
Test Done, The model works fine however it needs abit more improvements mainly on it's face, it looks too much wierd, The Clotches doesn't match with any ogre i have seen, you should put the same of the Ogre Warriors, you could have based it on Ogre Warrior tough... it probably would look a bit better, the anims are also much better than Peon's. Maybe you also could make a second version of a two-headed ogre.
I won't rate due to fact needs a LOT of improvements... (that i told all above).
Good Luck Chief Grom :thumbs_up:

Level 9
:thumbs_up:Wow Warchief Grom :D
your clan is just really Powerful to tame Ogres ;D
Testing in progress...

EDIT
Test Done, The model works fine however it needs abit more improvements mainly on it's face, it looks too much wierd, The Clotches doesn't match with any ogre i have seen, you should put the same of the Ogre Warriors, you could have based it on Ogre Warrior tough... it probably would look a bit better, the anims are also much better than Peon's. Maybe you also could make a second version of a two-headed ogre.
I won't rate due to fact needs a LOT of improvements... (that i told all above).
Good Luck Chief Grom :thumbs_up:

Lols I made the runt like this because so many people go like "Eww ogres don't have clothes" so I made a story for why the runts would wear clothes(Read description) and as I have said to other people in the comments I'm already working on the face and it's looking better, as for anims I wanted an Ogre worker for my project

Level 15
EDIT
The Clotches doesn't match with any ogre i have seen, you should put the same of the Ogre Warriors, you could have based it on Ogre Warrior tough... it probably would look a bit better.

If every Ogre model would be based of the Ogre Warrior and have always the same cloths over and over again, that would be just stupid. I like the cloths :ogre_love:

Level 3
If every Ogre model would be based of the Ogre Warrior and have always the same cloths over and over again, that would be just stupid. I like the cloths :ogre_love:

LOL i din't said that all ogre models should be based on ogre warrior. I said that could be based on ogre warrior due to Anims like walking, About the Clotches i have nothing against, i just tough would be better add some more ogre like things, not just like the ogre warrior, could be an armor just like the ogre lord as well.

Level 3
Warchief Aeon: I've tried transferring single animations before and it just doesn't work for me, besides, it's a runt, a freak of ogres, it's not going to look and act exactly like other ogres

Well, anything works for me, i only wanted you to improve it's face on the portrait, if done (depending on the look) a good rating :)
it's because the orc peon has a taller head, as ogres have a round head so it's looking a little wierd.