• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre Mound

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Ogre Mound (Map)

Reviews
15:11, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
Good. This map will be reviewed shortly(either today or tomorrow) by one of our many wonderful map reviewers, I would myself, but I've no time.

I'd like to say the "purging" is a good idea over-all, but if you think you can just spam "approved" or "rejected" on a map and call that an (arbitrary) vote, then there's something wrong with this initiative. I don't see how other players will know the map is worthy of being downloaded and played just by a crappy map with a "sparkly" description (much like this one). Last time I tested this map I sent the link to ap0calypse and he immediately rejected it. Of course, some maps don't deserve reviews (this one sure doesn't, no offense to the author), but "approved" / "rejected" as posts are not means of actually classifying a map's quality, now is it ?...
* In short : I find this map not worthy of a review for its bad terrain, poor game-play and no unique features over-all.

- Rating : N/A

- Voting for : Rejection!

Level 6
That is not all I am doing.
I am really going through the maps triggers and terrain and making sure they don't violate the rules.
Then ap0 will reject/approve them.
And you know what? If you'd like to go through the remaining maps and put a real review on them, then by all means, do so.
Do not however complain because I put the minimum.
I have put what is required for ap0.
Either an approve or reject, and why I did so.
Lastly, "spam"!? I was offended you'd use the word. Spam is pointless.
I am doing this for a good reason.
Don't take these as reviews, take them as moderations.
Because ultimately that's what they become.
I am sorry if I don't have the time to give a full review on 800+ maps.
I simply check for rule violations, look at the terrain and triggers, and my vote is casted based on that.

Level 16
This map has never ever been reviewed before. All I ever wanted was for this to get reviewed. Also, have you ever opened my map?
As Kl3sk said: It's not worthy enough for a reviewer's precious time. A cake made from melted lead covered with pretty icing.

Kl3sk is an expert. When he says that the Terrain is bad, he really mean it.

I've seen the layout. The icy area is unnaturally placed in the middle of a lush grasslands. Unless your Map takes place in a world of anomalies, that's a bad point for you.

On a side note: Hypocrite

Last edited: