• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official thw Map Review Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to inform you map reviewers first that I'm now finishing and
polishing our official thw map review tool. This small application
(for windows users) will be able to generate review with images, BB Code and all
other data needed. It will come with 3 themes for now and it has many I hope,
cool features for you to play with. Writing map review should become fun and
enjoyable just like playing map itself. There are tutorials on it, links and many
other useful things to care about.

Now I have on mind to release this for map reviewer users only, that means I will
into tool add your profile url, private message url and so on.

Doing so we will restore this social group, get more attention and hopefully bring
map section back to life, being part of this social group should become privilege.

Please share your opinions below.

Nice to hear this Kobas, I really look forward to it.
Also, since some Map Reviewers (ex. Myself) has a private VM or PM, I recommend to only add the free to access contact link (ex. I can only be contacted via PM for all users). This is to ensure no "not sufficient access" message from popping for users who don't have the access to our private data.

Doing so we will restore this social group, get more attention and hopefully bring
map section back to life, being part of this social group should become privilege.
I recommend that Map Reviewers have a privilege to decide a map's fate, but that's my opinion.

Level 32
One more thing, how customizable is it? I really prefer my own categories. People may disagree and critic my style, and of course my reviews are in BBcode also.

Gameplay
>Team Balance
>Fun Factor
>Overall Quality of game style

Terrain
>Tiles and height
>Layout & balance

Environment:
>Doodads
>Map feel/look

Presentation:
>Description
>Loading screen, map icon, 'quests'

Mistakes
>Small suggestions
>Creeps/trigger leaks/anything that doesn't fall into other catagories

Last notes: usually reminders and rep

Will my layout style work in your tool? Btw, what are you going to call the tool?

Level 30
I suggest let users stay with their own ways of reviewing if somehow they are not satisfied of using this instead of removing them and just allowing the official review that is this, just saying because not all will be in favor of this. Just a suggestion though.

Idea is to make bond between map reviewers and map moderators, so we don't need to check every single map out there. Just looking at this official review we will be able to moderate map. For start we will still check 1 or 2 reviews if there are any before blindly approving map.

I have finished coding few min ago, just some polishing left.

Tool is still in development, some features don't work.
But here it is for you.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=fdug0w

Things I still need to fix are:
- Starcraft theme and Gold (new) theme.
- Links to rules and other staff.
- Some general polishing and code optimizing.

Please post your suggestions and critics.
Note that images are from outside thw so that must be fixed as well.

And for the end, don't use this before I officially approve it.

Level 30
-Kobas- said:
It will look exactly the same for each user, that's the point.
We will remove useless reviews from map section and
people will come ask you to judge their map.

Yes but the idea of removing useless reviews that you said gives me the thinking that you will remove other review not using this template and I really suggest not for they are really a valuable feedback but if I got your idea wrong, Im very sorry.

@Daffa the Mage
Sure go ahead and use pastebin, after all only testing can be done here on thw.
@Hell_Master
We won't delete other reviewers, everything will be like it always been.
People can ask any user to write review if they want, after all reviews are there for map author as some kind of well documented feedback.
I just want to say, that those reviews make by this group map reviewers will be considerable by map moderators.

I imagined it this way.

1. User request map review.
2. Someone of you, or few of you make reviews.
3. Moderator moderate map.

Ofc moderators will be able to moderate maps without reviews bla bla bla.

I have uploaded tool in release mode this time, it should work even faster now.
Design changed a little and I have fixed all errors reported so far.

Starcraft and Gold themes are still unfinished.
Images are still on hosting sites (not hive).

Asap I create images in photoshop I will present 2 new themes as well.

Please check tutorials located in each category (originality, presentation etc).
Also suggest important links you may want to see included.

Status
Not open for further replies.