1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Offering Help

Discussion in 'Screenwriting, Storyboarding & Concept Creation' started by anzelayne, Apr 6, 2020.

1. anzelayne

anzelayne

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am well versed in WoW as well as WC RTS lore and have read all the novels on WarCraft. If anyone making lore-related campaigns need help in storywriting, dialogues and pacing of the story I can help (just give me Credits). I have noticed many of the brilliant campaigns here suffer from childish dialogues, and as of yet, I have not found even one that is as good as Original WarCraft 3 dialogue writing.

So let me know, happy to help.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's mostly because people are not English natives and well, young too, but that's a secondary factor.

There are campaigns with really good dialogue implementation like To the Bitter End, The Norj'Hal Elves Campaign, to name a few.

3. anzelayne

anzelayne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your suggestions, I will check out To The Bitter End as soon as I finish Curse of the Forsaken. Brilliant campaign this one, but many of the dialogues are so bad...

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most of us here are game designers and stuff.
    What do you expect, Shakespeare?

5. anzelayne

anzelayne

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sure there must be some Shakespeares to be found amongst us, should we keep looking. After all, if Hiveworkshop has taught me anything, it is that game communities are often incredibly resourceful. ;)

6. MrRious

MrRious

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should definitelty share a sample of your writing. I'm hesitating to use help, as long as I'm not sure what I'm signing up for.

7. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    Basically this.

Nobody will accept help from you if you claim to be more skilled at writing than 99% of the modding community while failing to providing any proof or examples of your masterful writing skills.

8. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    @MrRious I once asked him to help me find retcons and inconsistencies in the story of my custom campaign, so they can be removed. Instead of giving me constructive feedback, he told me to implement retcons from WoW in my campaign. He did the opposite of what he was supposed to do.