• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

October 2012 News Batch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than code and arguments, what can make a function marginally slower? Why?
Longer function names. As for why, I can't find a reason other than wc3 VM being weird and making the length of the function name (and variables) matter in terms of speed..

So you know of the JASS VM, meaning you have to know why something like call Hi() is going to be faster than something like call HelloYouFineMan()

I'll give you a hint.
What type of language is JASS?
(That should probably give out the answer)

Level 16
[Easy] What are the 3 standard Unit Indexing systems? Who are their authors? (+1)

AIDS by Jesus4Lyf, UnitIndexer by Nestharus and maybe AutoIndex by grim001? We also have PUI by Cohadar and GUI Unit Indexer by Bribe (for GUI users), so please define what "standard" means - AutoIndex was popular back in the days, and AIDS & UnitIndexer are used nowadays.

JASS is an interpreted language. (Yeah, I should've been more specific with the question)

Thus, a JASS function's initial speed is dependent on it's name because ...
because it will take more time to interpret/load a longer name than a short name because it has more characters thus a larger size, that will take more time to load?

178091-albums5176-picture62572.png

Thank you for participating.
All Questions have been answered, and users have been rewarded.

Level 4
Heart of the Swarm Beta Test: Add Leveling22

Battle.Net of North America released the news that Heart of the Swarm would add leveling system in the Beta test.

In the Heart of the Swarm leveling system, players earn experience while playing Blizzard matchmaking modes and custom games on Blizzard maps. You’ll earn XP for the race you’re playing with each unit you build or destroy. Experience is awarded at the end of the match, and accumulates as you level up from 1 to a maximum level of 20 for each race.

Status
Not open for further replies.