• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Object Data - AI Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you all, just had a quick question :)
I was just wondering, if you have exported all your object data for use in regards to the AI editor, and complete the AI, but later make changes to the object editor in your game, specifically to upgrades that the units the AI player creates but does not research, will this cause any problems?

I know that is confusing, its just that the AI creates a building that has an upgrade that it does not use, but in my object editor I later removed that upgrade since I did not want the player who also makes a base using that same race to have. It would be a pain to remake the AI for that colour just because the object data for the race that the AI is based on has been changed on my object editor (but the changes do not affect anything the AI researches, it only affects an upgrade that a building/unit has that it never learns anyway).

Haha sorry for the confusing question :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As long as the type IDs stay the same the AI should still work.

Not sure how the AI will cope with removed tech elements like buildings, units and upgrades. I would hope gracefully (ignore it) but it could potentially mess up build orders or soft lock the AI (cannot get X so freeze).

Level 23
As long as the type IDs stay the same the AI should still work.

Not sure how the AI will cope with removed tech elements like buildings, units and upgrades. I would hope gracefully (ignore it) but it could potentially mess up build orders or soft lock the AI (cannot get X so freeze).
Ok that is good to know. When i mean removed tech, it is a tech that the AI itself never researches. I will test it out anyway to check, but thanks for the reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.