• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
:O...

Attachments

• mehmehmeh.PNG
    mehmehmeh.PNG
    958.7 KB · Views: 241
Level 36
Mrf. The way you used those rocks sucks. They are all facing the same angle, probably the same size, and they don't fit with each other in that position.

A tip to using the rocks is to try to build large rock formations with the smaller pieces but make it look like it's all one model. Those rock models are like puzzle pieces.

Level 19
just let me get used to it ><, now that i see the rocks on the left hmm better rotating some of them

Level 36
Just one more thing; a warning actually. I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad way to make an atmosphere, but if you're going to make things as stark and clear as you did in this picture, you should know that any mistakes or poor model choices stand out twice as much or more. I can see quite a few; like the tree choice, the placement of rocks I went over before, the 'fuzziness' of the grass compared to the sharpness of the trees and rocks, the lack of tree variation in certain areas (there are clumps of one kind of tree, then another clump of a different kind and so on rather than mixing them up), how the horizon line is lighter than the sky (usually bad/unrealistic), the fact that shrubs are clipping with the rocks in the foreground, the sketchy placement of the fences in the foreground, how just about everything seems to go in lines, and the list goes on.

To sum it up, this is your doodad placement now:
2a0jk88.jpg

Mostly everything follows a pattern but there are a few scattered things every once in a while.

And this is perhaps what it should be like:
8z4u52.jpg

Things are scattered but there is still a little bit of patterns like what doodads tend to go near what other doodads and where, so it isn't totally random.

Sorry if those drawings are too abstract, they make a bit of sense to me :p

Level 5
The field looks very good although i think that the logs have a too "smooth" brown color (but that's not your fault if you didn't make the model). It looks kinda ugly to me (in my opinion). And there is something with the fence, I can't quite put my finger on it. But overall it's a good terrain in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.