• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'O ποταμός Στύξ (The River Styx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A terrain I wipped up for the WT at wc3campaigns, i'm gonna finish it tomorrow to tired right now... Please tell me what you think and some things I could add to it.

You mocked me, for your whole life… You tempted my wrath… And now, you enter my realm?! You thought your life was hell?!

To bad for you, you are delivered to my will now… And I will unleash hell upon you, you shall never find peace, not in Tartarus… So come on in, I got a surprise for you, you wanted to see hell?! I’ll show you hell, you wanted to come?! You stay here forever!

Because hell here shall never come to an end, not this hell! I won’t burry you like they did… After I’m done with you, death is a mere salvation! But you shall not escape, you shall not die… because you’re already dead!

Enjoy your journey along the river Stix, please don’t stick your limps in the river, we wouldn’t want you to loss any bodyparts… yet…

Attachments

• River Styx.JPG
    River Styx.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 1,188
The river Styx was quite a bit different - it was said that they only crossed a bit of it, and that it was in a complete cave. The ferryman would be on the boat with his stick, there would be souls on the end of the cave entrance. Maybe, if you put in Hercules getting Cerberus, it'd look better and make more sense. The people there would be souls - ones without coins to pay for the crossing.

Level 28
Overall Look:

Very neat, mainly for a WIP. As Void said, you added a white fog in front of a black background, and that looks odd. My suggestion is to add trees, rocks, and other enviormental doodads in a way that the background couldn't be seen. And then, add change the sky to something that fix good with the terrain.

Hints:

1)As Void said, isome hills at the left are very pointy, you can make them look more natural by laying down those pointy parts and making them flatter.
2)Again about the left of the river, the land gets high too abruptly. You could fix that, for a more harmonic terrain.
3)I don't know if you're going to add trees or rocks(because if I'm not wrong, there is magma at the ground), but I'll suggest you to add burned/dead shrubs at the floor, it will surely looks good!
4)Cool story, fix good with the terrain.
5)Add rocks! Abuse of them! And maybe some outland/barrens spires at the background are going to fix very well!

_

Keep the terraining!

_

Level 6
The river Styx was quite a bit different

Have you ever been there?:p, this is just my intrepetation of the Styx.

You also make a very common mistake which is to put a light fog against a black background. It looks really odd... my suggestion is to make it fade to darkness maybe?

Thanks for pointing that out :wink:

Thanks for the sugestions all, I hope I can make it all come out nice

Level 4
I like it. Perhaps a few random lost souls around the river bank to add a feeling of death?

and what language is that? Looks like Russian*but I'm guessing it's Greek*.

Level 6
Updated it, but am quite busy now so I haven't finished it yet

Attachments

• River Styx 02.jpg
    River Styx 02.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,581
Status
Not open for further replies.