• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NVIDIA RTX 3000 Series GPUs Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Level 22
NVIDIA has switched to Samsung to produce the GPUs this time. Hopefully they will be able to provide enough supply to meet the demand. Everything I've seen so far points to this being one of the popular GPU releases ever.

Level 22
The specs do line up with NVIDIA's claims so far. The RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 cores @ 1545MHz while the RTX 3070 will have 5888 cores @ 1.73GHz. The 3070 will have slightly less memory, but it is clocked higher.
The benchmarks will be fun to see.

Level 11
Graphics card makers respond to RTX 30-series capacitor controversy (updated)

Apparently they fixed this one, but one may never know...

Real talk, tho.

I think that people shouldn't jump on the RTX hype train. The Ray Tracing technology itself is in it's infancy stage, currently, and has far too many issues to be used by anyone other than normie show-offs. Even the DLSS technology is nothing but a cheap trick, that actually takes away real RTX anyways, for the sake of giving you at least some of that performance back. I am not saying, that RTX is a lost cause. I am just saying, that it is wise to actually wait before getting it. And I mean - wait like 5 years (at least) till this technology gains tractions and evolves (or not, in which case you'll only be happier to not have fallen for it).

Another thing is, that the RTX 20-series deliver only slightly higher performance than good ol' 1080ti for over double the price. And the RTX 30-series seemingly will be an overkill for typical gameplay. Those cards are good if you want 4k or 8k gaming (both gimmicks, if I may say so myself), but for more conventional and reasonable gaming at Full HD, the best option is to hold on to that 1080ti. Most of the real gamers (not posers/show-offs) will tell you, that FPS and screen refresh-rate are more important than resolution anyways.

Simply said, these are words to adhere to in these types of situations:

professional-fitness-slideshare-right-workout-month-27-7-638.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.