• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nowhere Rave

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I organized a giant rave with some ancient speaker system I found.

Nobody showed. :[

Attachments

• Nowhere Rave.png
    Nowhere Rave.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 368

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Apparently the middle of nowhere proved harder to find than I anticipated. Try smoke signals next time :p

I like the atmosphere but I believe orange or yellow grass would suit better. I can also envision a sandstorm but then again, that's personal preference. I really like the background and how it fades with the sky. The speaker effects are awesome.

Level 34
Disappointing turn out.

Love the speakers.
The foreground looks bland in comparison. I think it's more due to the difference in texture quality than the lack of doodads though.

What's with the grass? It's almost 2 to 3 meters high.
Right of the rave, left of the forest: You can see the end of the world.
Forest looks a bit CNP-ish.
Details for the mountains?
Could even use a very, very dim lense effect?
1. The grass is pretty tall. Valid point if you find it distracting. However it's more like 2-3 feet tall, not 6 feet (2 meters). Also grass can grow that tall when left unkempt.

2. Not sure if it is. Even if it is, it looks like a foothill to that mountain anyways.

3. It is a bit, some tree variation in the back might be nice. Also maybe replacing one tree in the foreground to make it a 2-1-1 split instead of 3-1.

4. As in?! It's supposed to be far away, what detail would you see?

5. As in a lens flare? Meh. I don't personally care for them. They imply that the shot was taken with a camera, and in photography they're abused and not generally appealing. Obviously not up to me, but I decided to give my opinion.

I would explain by words, only to realize how futile my explanations are.
I'll do some samples of what I mean, if that is necessary.

For light: (Not the bright one in the background; but rather the dim effects coming from it)
light.png
For mountains: Just add some large/small scale rocks to the tops should give a bit more detail to them. My sample is quite a horrible one at it.
mountain.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.