• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Not sure where to put this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there a step-by-step tutorial creating an easy to finish (short) map?

I'm really all unexperienced and would appreciate a little advice how to efficiently begin. Learning-by-Doing is my scheme but I don't know anything, not even basics. Don't know how to start. please help.

Level 14
What kind of map do you wanna make?

Easiest one is probably melee. Open a new map, set amount of players to 2 and save it :p

Anyway you should probably check the tutorials section. Basics of Terraining and objectediting are imortant for any kind of map, GUI triggering knowledge is useful too. Once you settled on a genre there are plenty more specific things to learn.

Level 5
My favorite ones at least are RPG's and Campaigns (With Utopia being my goal of a RPG-Campaign, like Wanderers of Sorceria, just with my personal Storyline. Of course it is a long way to start and make such a big game.) Well, off to the Tutorial Section i guess, hope I get half the stuff thats written down there^^

Level 5
Thanks for the advice guys/girls

Really appreciate it :)

Will try.... 96x96 you say... could I do a 5 second quest?
When I get it to work on a 32x32 map I could upload it as part of a tutorial later, or so i think. Maybe later with more 5 second quests, with displayed info about how it works (Log-Info).

Well, it's at its beginning, and I'll have to figure out my way to work with it. Could take a while.

I'll play and review a few more maps to also learn more about how maps work and what is to be expected in the current way this campaigns and RPGs are made, what I love about it, what I don't like about it and see if I get ideas.

I'm actually not the creative type, but I want to try this once

Love this site
Very much like the people around here

Thanks for your support by the way!
Didn't expect to be accepted so quickly^^

Krolan
The Twisted

An RPG is way too big a project to start out with. Especially if you are completely green in triggering and terraining.

I would suggest you play around with the editor first.
Create some mini-games where you start out with the basics, and then keep piling on.

It will take you quite a while before you will have a map that will get approved in the map section.
You can, however, always post in the Map Development forum.

Good luck!

Level 1
My advice's read the site tutorials (if you want) and if someone wanna help you on basics,learning,skinning etc you should accept it.

Oh and if this is your first time you need to start on small maps or medium maps easy to create and if your knowing it now you can start on a higher one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.