• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not new or well known, but here I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I am Salamander and I'm a map maker. My claim of being a map maker is rather misleading, I never actually released any content, but I did make many maps which were never completed. I never posted here much, my last post was on the 8th of January 2006. I wanted to introduce myself because I feel I will be much more active this time around. I own WC3 any more, though I do know that I will likely be obtaining it soon, and when I do, I will do what I have wanted to do for a long time: Start on a project and actually finish it.

I'm sure that I will enjoy being here again.

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome salamander. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. Old, inactive members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 19
Hello salamander. How about some single player with good storyline? I never get bored of those. I'm addicted to single player, but it does not seem like anything big would have been finished lately or maybe I did not hear.

Level 4
I appreciate all your kind comments.
If you do have ideas/suggestions, please, feel free to PM me, I actually love reading others ideas.

Wolverabid, you seem to have quite an introduction template going on ;)

Again, your hospitality is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.