• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend: King of the Damned Beta6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
CURRENT VERSION: BETA 6

Okay, this map has been in the works for way too long. I feel like I've been very thorough and that I have done a strategy map very different from other strategy maps.

Factions:

The Scourge Forces:
The Lich King's Forces
The Cult of the Damned
Scourge Forces [Creep Faction]

The Neutral Factions (Start out neutral to everyone but the Scourge, but after a timer has expired go to war with everyone except eachother):
The Argent Crusade
Dalaran

The Alliance:
Western Valiance Expedition
Eastern Valiance Expedition
The Explorers' League & Dwarven Survivors
The Frostborn

The Horde:
The Warsong Offensive
Taunka & Tuskarr
The Forsaken

Northrend: King of the Damned[/size]
Northrend: King of the Damned, is a strategy map obviously based on Northrend in WOW:WOTLK, that features an inuitive gameplay.

-The resource convoy system-

The resource convoy system is based on that there is one ''Base Point'' and several ''Resource Points'' that are all connected together. The base point serves like a town hall, kindof, while the resource point serves like a goldmine.

Example: There are 5 resource points attached to a base point. While all the resource points are invulnerable, if the base point is taken over by a different player, so will all the resource points and the resource convoys will spawn for the player owning the base point.

A resource convoy, in this example a Pack Horse, will give a gold ammount and a wood ammount to the capital it is delivered to. While, if an enemy kills the Pack Horse, he will ''loot'' it, and receive a gold ammount between 50 - 150, and a lumber ammount between 50 - 100.

This is why I am certain of that battles will center around the resource convoys, because why would it not? Resources draw any player to them.

-The tower system-
The tower system is simple. You can ofcourse build your own towers, but they are not a case in the tower system.
There are several towers placed around the map, creep owned, and if you kill one, you can choose to either
a) Pillage and loot it, you get a random ammount of gold between 50 - 200. That's not much (in this map atleast), but it can cripple an opponent's defense.
b) Build a new tower out of the ruins of this one. You get to choose between three towers.
Tower number one: The Offensive Tower, more damage, less hp.
Tower number two: The Defensive Tower, less damage, more hp.
Tower number three: The Observation Tower, low damage and hp, but you get a large radius of sight, that scouts for enemy movement. This tower can serve to be cruicial in planning your attacks.

-Naval income-
This is pretty simple. Think World War One - Road To War. You get a timed income from the sea.

----Beta V5----

--Balance Fixes--
-Increased Forsaken Soldier hp from 480 to 520
-Buffed pink slightly
-Reduced some of yellow's starting units
-Reduced some of brown's starting units in the Howling Fjord
-Added more starting units and a barracks for gray in the Borean Tundra.
-Added a secondary attack to ships that only targets ground.
-Added more starting units for green in Borean Tundra.
-Added a limit to air units due to a mass of them turned out immensively powerful.
-Removed Gargoyle's ground attack since as a cheap unit and massable it was too powerful against factions that had less powerful anti air or none at all (Valiance Expedition as an example)
-Nerfed Liches, more specifically their Frost Nova.

--Bug Fixes--
-Fixed the bug regarding Arthas' Call of the Dark One.
-Fixed the bug where Flesh Golems didn't receive attack upgrades.
-Fixed the bug regarding Durable Armor for Argent Crusade.
-Fixed the Headhunter to Berserker issue.
-Fixed techtree issues for brown
-Fixed the bug where gray couldn't get Roanauk Icemist by killing Anub'et'kan in Icemist Village.
-Fixed the bug where pink couldn't create siege units.
-Fixed the bug where Heigan the Unclean could upgrade his Essence of Blight spell to level 5 in 5 levels (no level skip requirements)

--Additions--
-Added a quest menu
-Added a new feature where brown can regain the lower parts of Wintergarde by destroying a certain building (this gives him a town hall, two barrackses, a few farms and three Guard Towers
-Added two extra weapon and armor upgrades.
-Added a new air unit for Valiance Expedition called ''Skyhunter'' It's like a Gargoyle with melee anti air attack.
-Added a Boulder Tower upgrade for Watch Towers and a Siege Tower upgrade for Ziggurats. They're just as powerful as a Cannon Tower.

----Hotfix changelog----
-Fixed the invulnerable plague catapults
-Fixed the untrainable Skyhunters for the Valiance Expedition
-Fixed the upgrade issues some factions encountered
-Fixed the bug when upgrading Barrage where the Battle Tanks turned into Siege Engines upon being upgraded.
-Rebalanced the fight between The Cult of the Damned and Eastern Valiance Expedition by buffing Wintergarde signifigantly.
-Made Ghouls more durable for Dark Green due to having a complete lack of a proper melee unit.
-Added Plague Spreaders for Dark Green, for some reason they were not trainable before.
-Nerfed Heigan the Unclean's AoE heal.
-Increased the cooldown for Necromancers' Raise Dead, because DG could raise an army in a matter of seconds.
-Made the last levels of caster upgrades upgradeable, was a techtree error.
-Added Banshees to the Forsaken's caster techtree, for some reason they were not trainable before.

Keywords:
Northrend, king, damned, undead, human, orc, wrath, of, the, lich, king, scourge, argent, crusade, alliance, horde, forsaken, taunka, tuskarr, dwarven
Contents

Northrend: King of the Damned Beta6 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 11
Hmm sounds interesting I'll post my review after trying this out.

Ok I've tried this out this is what I have to say:

I played as the Lich King's forces (Purple) , and have found a bug, I can't make Crypt Fiend and it says I need a Graveyard... funny that I have 5 graveyards and yet I can't make some.

Some upgrades don't work on units, like the the gargoyles won't get a damage and armor upgrade.

The Necromancers 2nd upgrade doesn't want to be researched all it says it requires a black citadel. So does Skeletal Mastery.

There's nothing in the quest menu, like Credits, or Readme, or help me for new commers, etc...

The good part is the terrain is well made, not to much unbalanced, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Level 11
I played the map, it's good, but, my ally had a big problem with the Argent Crusade. We were able to keep a defence (as the scourge) from the Argent Crusade until the Horde and Alliance allied with the Argent Dawn, we just got crushed. As I'm saying, the Argent Crusade is kinda rigged, but if I'm wrong to the higher opinion then w/e. Also, I would remove Darion Mograin and replace him with Ymiron. Don't forget with the new Patch on WoW coming up, the new dungeon with the lich king as described doesn't look much like it does in the map (though this map was obviously made before then) that you may make some changes to the terrain of the Citidel to fit the upcoming dungeon.

Level 31
I played the map, it's good, but, my ally had a big problem with the Argent Crusade. We were able to keep a defence (as the scourge) from the Argent Crusade until the Horde and Alliance allied with the Argent Dawn, we just got crushed. As I'm saying, the Argent Crusade is kinda rigged, but if I'm wrong to the higher opinion then w/e. Also, I would remove Darion Mograin and replace him with Ymiron. Don't forget with the new Patch on WoW coming up, the new dungeon with the lich king as described doesn't look much like it does in the map (though this map was obviously made before then) that you may make some changes to the terrain of the Citidel to fit the upcoming dungeon.

it dosnt always have to be a replica of WoW

anyways, great map, highly recommended by me

Level 3
Good map.But where is ashbringer? And those argent crusade is bit weak for somehow.But good map again :p

Level 2
Hi, I don't know if somebody allready mentioned it but Arthas's attack speed aura boost some enemies too.

Anyhow nice map!