• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend Brawl V1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
this is set in the frozen thundra of northrend.
where the scourge was driven out and the lich king has perished
the burning legion now tries to take back Northrend from the
new inhabitants who calls northrend their new home.

But... the return of a malevolent spirit is imminent.
the dark lord comes back and reclaim terra(earth) for his own
dark intentions. but lurking in the shadows, lies the remnants of
the undead scourge siding with the legion.

the game is somewhat like a dota style
gameplay :
although
type leapoffate (exactly)
to use god or brute mode using the 2 access points behind the heroes in the left.

Thank you:
Vermillion Edict Felborn jatter2
GooS NFWar Ampharos_222
CRAZYRUSSIAN Happytauren Redfuser
RedXIII Suselishe Pyramidhe@d Debode
tranquil general frank Will the Almighty
-skating_cow- inico chilla_killa s4nji Tr!kzz
And For Some Others Thankyou Thank You Thank you
im sorry if i dont remember the other authors (if some were left out) i deleted your files by accident so sorry if i forgot to credit others

Keywords:
dota war northrend brawl scar of agony cool scourge undead demon
Contents

Northrend Brawl V1.1 (Map)

Reviews
17:30, 22nd Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Checked it,

Terrain: Slack terrain (only 2 tilesets used) and it's not detailed enough although I found that the trees were nicely placed (except for the dead tree in the middle of lava). I recommend adding some environmental doodads, removing the overplaced special effect doodads (you can keep some I guess but right now its too overplace), adding some weather effects, and making a larger variety of tilesets. If you have trouble with teraining though, you can always get someone to do it for you if you ask politely in this forum (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/).

Idea: This is just another AOS (it's not an RPG btw).

Triggering: The triggering leaks (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/complete-list-things-leak-126761/), there are far too many triggers that are able to be combined through if/then/elses, I just don't like the triggering at all. Also, why do you use this in one of the triggers on the first line?
  • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
To sum it up you need to increase your triggering knowledge before you decide to upload a map onto the map section.

Gameplay: I found the gameplay bland, the were no quests that gave credits, etc, hardly any text messages displayed, and there wasn't even a multiboard (an AOS should always have one). All the objective seems to be is that the computers chuck units at eachother and the players kill eachother and assist the computer's units in destroying the main building. This game has nothing unique in its gameplay and no features at all. Lots and lots of cheats found as well, remove them.

Other: You have a bad description, lighten it up and give it things like headings and colour. Also, you don't give credit to the people who made the resources in-game. Don't think the people on Hive are the only ones who are going to see the credits.

Overall: This map has nothing special about it. It's got bad terrain, gameplay, and triggering.

Voting for: REJECTION

Edit: Uhhh... What? Don't tell me you uploaded this so a friend could just look at it...

Level 2
i appreciate it but

i told you i just came up for idea/concept/and the map so far
and my friend will handle triggering and such sorts,
ive tried sending it to him in email but it seems as though it doesnt work
when i send it to him.

so this is like a last resort.
this isnt to be played by the community although if there are other people who would like to help me
ill be more than happy.
besides, im 14 and a sophomore in high school what did you expect ryte?

although you do have a point about the dead trees.

those other doodads where supposed to be some sort of explosions eitherway
this will be fixed
also your suggestions and rejections and comments are actknowledge and me and my buddy will try to meet your expectations =)
:goblin_wtf:

Level 2
Such noobs use the pastebin god damn! I'm sick of a users like you. This is not epicwar to upload junk use the Recycle bin (EPICWAR.COM) next time.

do i have to say it on and on
i told you this is for my friends, now i
never knew about the pastebin because im a goddamn kid
well sorry for being so noobish
im an ass hole im a douche bag im a bitch
but who cares your ass hole yourself
cause frankly all the people here
they didnt criticize me one bit like the way you did.
no they didnt use foul words, what they gave me was kind
Advice. i just you could've done the same

Level 2
You aren't an ASS hole every1 needs to learn first. =)

Btw check BB codes [in my signature]if you want to learn about how to do nice descriptions etc xD

im not much of a triggering fan so i didnt bother learning these "bb" codes
and such since my friend will handle all the triggering
i didnt know that ill be needing those
so im kinda studying these "bb" codes for a better description

hey uhh since everyone is complaining about the hero thing
do you know someone who could help me make a tavern for a quick hero
usage instead of circles of powers and such.

if you find some that would be great :)

Level 28
im not much of a triggering fan so i didnt bother learning these "bb" codes
BB-codes aren't triggering, it's the general forum... thingies (I wanted to say utilities, but it's different :/).
It's like making text look like
this

BB-codes are extremely easy to learn, all you need to know is English.
You want something hidden? Very well, type in [hidden="Message"] [Message here] [/hidden] and it looks like this:
[Message here]

You want something bold? Very well, [b] [bold text] [/b] is what you're looking for.

It's really easy once you've got the hang of it, the only difficult BB-codes are the table ones (not the simpletable, the real table :D)
Hmh, well, good luck with them either way.

alvin said:
hey uhh since everyone is complaining about the hero thing
do you know someone who could help me make a tavern for a quick hero
usage instead of circles of powers and such.

if you find some that would be great :)
It's quite easy, just make (or copy/paste) a hero tavern, scroll all the way down and put your heroes in the "Techtree - Units Sold"-value.
Place it on the map and you've got a tavern ^^

Note: sometimes you'll have to change the starting cooldown and the tiers as well...
And you need a good hero description when using taverns (soft colors can help you with that, don't use too much bright colors!).

About your map:

The triggers are indeed a horror to look at... but I'll just be quiet about that since you don't like triggering (little hint though: remove all triggers and start from scratch, it's faster and way better).

Putting special effects on the map is also not a very good idea, so you might want to remove those.
Fire vs Ice is very common and usually (like in this case) doesn't look good either.
Remove all cinematic doodads (lightning, fire).
Remove all random imports (in fact: just remove all imports, I didn't see any useful one in there aside from the icons).
Is the Ice Wings a model from another game (model rip)?
Be more specific in your spell descriptions (damage, range etc)

That's all I could figure out in 5 minutes.
Good luck!

Level 2
BB-codes aren't triggering, it's the general forum... thingies (I wanted to say utilities, but it's different :/).
It's like making text look like
this

BB-codes are extremely easy to learn, all you need to know is English.
You want something hidden? Very well, type in [hidden="Message"] [Message here] [/hidden] and it looks like this:
[Message here]

You want something bold? Very well, [b] [bold text] [/b] is what you're looking for.

It's really easy once you've got the hang of it, the only difficult BB-codes are the table ones (not the simpletable, the real table :D)
Hmh, well, good luck with them either way.

It's quite easy, just make (or copy/paste) a hero tavern, scroll all the way down and put your heroes in the "Techtree - Units Sold"-value.
Place it on the map and you've got a tavern ^^

Note: sometimes you'll have to change the starting cooldown and the tiers as well...
And you need a good hero description when using taverns (soft colors can help you with that, don't use too much bright colors!).

About your map:

The triggers are indeed a horror to look at... but I'll just be quiet about that since you don't like triggering (little hint though: remove all triggers and start from scratch, it's faster and way better).

Putting special effects on the map is also not a very good idea, so you might want to remove those.
Fire vs Ice is very common and usually (like in this case) doesn't look good either.
Remove all cinematic doodads (lightning, fire).
Remove all random imports (in fact: just remove all imports, I didn't see any useful one in there aside from the icons).
Is the Ice Wings a model from another game (model rip)?
Be more specific in your spell descriptions (damage, range etc)

That's all I could figure out in 5 minutes.
Good luck!

Thank you mr Apocalypse, this is pretty helpful on my behalf and
so i starting from scratch, although i guess ill just do a dungeon map
instead of an AoS, mainly because. well lets just say i'd rather play it in single player mode

P.s. i just the downloaded the icewing model here in hive.
:) thanks so much