• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northern Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Tried to create something like the northern lights. It turned out a little interesting, check it out! ;)

Attachments

• Northern Lights.jpg
    Northern Lights.jpg
    973.8 KB · Views: 249
Level 19
i dont get whats with the green light in the background to the left
sky is nice as usual ;)
the hills are to sharp as usual

Level 19
to make aurora boreals use some fog doodads from cinematic palette (in utm) and strech them. Thats how u can make them i think.
ohh and some stars will look good there ^^

Level 11
Ah, yea I should have paid more attention. I don't know, It seems I just didnt suspect the mountains. I will try not to do the same mistake in future terrains. And the tree, is there just for epicness. I mean like this is a sorta magical world seeing as that the village is filled with flying crystals and things, I thought why shouldn't I put an epic tree. Anyways, thanks for advice everyone, I am sure that they will help my the next time I make a terrain. ^_^

Level 14
I love the sky... now was there anything else...
the ground looks a bit flat at some places and a bit pointy at some other places (Like Void pointed out with the mountain)

Status
Not open for further replies.