• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No more i can open my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello everyone. I am trying to update my orpg map for Reforged but after the major update (my classic war3 turned into the reforged) no more i can open my orpg map with editor. After the 1 minute, blackscreen appears like something loading and crashes. And i am unable to click error window.

If no more i can open my orpg map, my working for many years will be gone...

Last edited:
Level 17
Does it load on 1.31.1.
What's the last version you could open it with?
Could you check where the map crashes or stops loading? Units, triggers, doodads or something else load during that time?

Last modified 19.12.2019 (previous version) and error comes at this moment
Loading Units 400/1433 then some kind of black screen appears for a moment like i have opened software that runs in full screen, and crashes

I can open my all maps except of this one. Now i am going to try open with warcraft 3

Edit: Yes i can start and play the game. But i cannot open it with WE.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Loading Units 400/1433 then some kind of black screen appears for a moment like i have opened software that runs in full screen, and crashes
Edit: Yes i can start and play the game. But i cannot open it with WE.
Probably a texture error with one of the models. It's going to be a pain finding out which one. I don't know how the editor loads/reads the numbers, meaning which model/unit is the 400th and beyond.

Level 17
Hold on. Just realized something. When i change the editor settting from HD to SD, i can open my map. Is that means 1.32 patch OR one or more textures corrupted and how can i find the corrupted unit between hundreds of different unit types?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hold on. Just realized something. When i change the editor settting from HD to SD, i can open my map. Is that means 1.32 patch OR one or more textures corrupted and how can i find the corrupted unit between hundreds of different unit types?
That's good!
I don't know really. You'd have to check them all in Retera's Model Studio or drop them in Mdx sanity tester to see what errors appear.

Level 17
That's good!
I don't know really. You'd have to check them all in Retera's Model Studio or drop them in Mdx sanity tester to see what errors appear.

First i have deleted the ALL imported files. Then DELETED all the custom units on the map + object editor. Now the map has only the standard models. And still crashing. What should i do now? I have only the models created by Blizzard?

Level 17
At which point does it crash now? Before it was when loading units, now?

Same. On loading units. Now i am going for "select all" then "delete" and i will tell you the result

Update. Everything is more complicated now. There are no units on the map (except of 12 starting locations) and still crashes. But this time i can skip loading on units It seems everything is ready but i believe there are graphical issue available. I will inform when i find anything.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Update. Everything is more complicated now. There are no units on the map (except of 12 starting locations) and still crashes. But this time i can skip loading on units It seems everything is ready but i believe there are graphical issue available. I will inform when i find anything.
Does it still crash when the loading bar is in progress? If yes, when, what does it say there if not units?

Level 17
Does it still crash when the loading bar is in progress? If yes, when, what does it say there if not units?

Ah hello again. I was forgot this post. I have solved the issue but sadly i have no idea how to do that. I have tried to delete units partially. At some point after dozens of tests finally it started to work. Then i have reverted deletion, i realize still it works. No idea honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.