• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No idea how to make this custom unit work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello there!

I'm struggling really hard to make this model work: Prime Matron

It has three files that are necessary to import:
1. Prime Matron.mdx
2. Prime Matronskin.blp
3. Prime MatronskinII.blp

I imported all three of these. I took the Succubus unit and changed it's Art - Model file to Prime Matron.mdx, but I'm not sure what to do from here.

The pathing of the original Succubus unit is this: units\demon\Demoness\Demoness
Should I put this in front of each .blp flie in the import editor or what should I do?

Thank you for your help!

Level 3
Sir Moriaty is right. Just follow the HIVE and import this model. You can change model unit ''Art-Model File'' and choose your model file.(must be mdx file):wgrin:

Level 3
Well guys I must be an idiot, because I do exactly as the guide sais and it still does not appear in the game. Only the unit's shadow.
I guess my paths are still not correct, what should it be? The full path for PrimeMatronskin.blp should be what, \Prime Matronskin.blp?

Level 13
It should look like this:
upload_2018-12-28_22-51-20.png

After importing all files, save your map, and then modify the unit's "Art - Model File" in the object editor. It should work right away as it did for me.
upload_2018-12-28_22-54-12.png

never mind the paladin.

Level 3
Here it is! Also, I showed you how this model size change...;):)

Attachments

• Test 1.png
    Test 1.png
    111 KB · Views: 43
  • Test 3.png
    Test 3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Test 4.png
    Test 4.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Test.png
    Test.png
    155 KB · Views: 29
Level 3
Wow thank you guys for replying so quickly! I never would have thought that all it takes to make this work is a simple restart after importing. It works perfectly now, thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.