• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Ninja scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
NINJA SCROLL

First of sorry for this lousy picture quality of this topic.
I've looked at the other threads, looks so nice, but I'm doing it here yet succinctly, because I have no desire to tinker for hours with my topic, for that I do not want to sacrifice my time, I hope you will forgive . But I have nevertheless still provided a video down below :)

fojp.png

Equipped with a sword, dagger and a shuriken, he is ready to surprise the enemy at various ways. He has trained for years at his dojo in order to fulfill its task of restoring his clan's honor.

A team game, where the aim is to steal the scroll and bring it back to base. You can choose between 4 different ninjas. Everyone has the same 4 distinct spells with different strengths and weaknesses, but each has a unique ultimate spell. My motivation for creating this map was the former map "elimination tournament". I also have long time been satisfied with Warlock. Now I wanted to create something faster and more flexible, just as dynamic as possible.

The hotkeys are designed to qwert, so very easy to remember in order to simplify the entry.

Tips: The trees give you an extra jump craft with F hotkey. Apart from the jumping they can give you invisibility, heal you and fill your daggers. If you stole the scroll, and you know that you can not survive long, throw the scroll with hoktey F for an ally ninja.

The map is still in beta phase and is tested every night at 20:00 (EU) clan AWE...

1-10 player map ( 2 teams )
Genre:minigame/sports
Capture the flag mode ( with scrolls instead)
Camera system: -cam(distance) example: -cam 800

Attachment:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/235995//

Last edited:
Level 30
This project looks inetersting. It has a fresh concepy and idea. Its really great you were inspired from great maps because from inspiration comes the will to finish your map. I see that you also explained some little features and I must say, its quite unique and not that overused. Great job.

Also, I have watched the video, I do think the heroes looks good and those spells looks really awesome though I would suggest some works on the terrain. It really looks dead flat and could use some decors at points but overall, great job!

+4 REP

Level 8
This project looks inetersting. It has a fresh concepy and idea. Its really great you were inspired from great maps because from inspiration comes the will to finish your map. I see that you also explained some little features and I must say, its quite unique and not that overused. Great job.

Also, I have watched the video, I do think the heroes looks good and those spells looks really awesome though I would suggest some works on the terrain. It really looks dead flat and could use some decors at points but overall, great job!

+4 REP

Thank you for your feedback! I will see what i can do with the terrain...the thing is that it needs to be flat, otherwise some knockback ( like jump ) will be interupted by hills, but i will look forwards to fix this

Level 2
Soo, a lil bit more thorough "review" of this map.

One thing, FREAKING AMAZING, I SIMPLY FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS MAP aka you have any support i can provide. :]

Some things :
~Players were confused with the 2 "arenas", so they thought that you can pick the arena you want to play in.
~Sometimes there is something wrong with the scrolls, when your own scroll isnt there, even if you have the scroll, it doesnt get you the point.
~MOAR ELEMENTS / CHARACTERS :D (Dark, Light / White, Wind (favourite :D) e.t.c
~A bug with Water element, i was water, and when i died, i got into fire element.
~Allow people to choose between Kill mode (A set amount of kills to win the game) or CTF mode (Capture the flag mode).
~Only 6 captures ends the game pretty fast if we consider the fact that we'll be a lot of players.
~Typo on Water Element, Elemental Dash was "Lightning" instead of "Water".

Im thinking of establishing a clan for this map, if you could provise us with more updated versions :]
Have fun +REP.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, allow me to add the changelog since the creator didnt.
v1.1g :
~New Elemental Ninja added : Wind Element.
~Item Shop added with items :
-Spiritual Healing (Detailed information ingame).
-Speed Potion (Detailed information ingame).
-Escape Smoke (Detailed information ingame).
-Dust (Detailed information ingame).
-Sand Trap (Detailed information ingame).
-Rock Trap (Detailed information ingame).
-Sheep Trap (Detailed information ingame).
~Info about the map is added as a spell square on every hero.
~A scroll bug fix which occured when both teams were trying to bring the scroll back to their base, which leaded to innability of scoring a point if the the team's scroll wasnt in there.

Further changelog will be added should anything else be found.

~Skill preview about Wind Ninja added.

Last edited:
Level 26
Needs some tweaks to draw out its potential:

• The default camera height is too low.
  • The effect for the scroll carrying is not quite identifying this. It looks like a buff ability for increased senses.
  • The scroll should not be immediately interceptable when throwing. It looks confusing and denies options. Make it pierce through a bit and catch under a certain height difference.
  • The towers have too great a range and they make stealing the scroll too difficult by zoning you out majorly. They consider the target's movement for where to shoot at. Movement direction changes fast, which is why at the right time, they may totally miss but with the cooldown it's hardly accessible and it makes them shoot all over the place. The towers should only be a passive, calculable mechanism for both the attackers and defenders, so do not do something like that, which belongs into pve maps.
  • The towers deal friendly fire.
  • Once you are in the enemy base, there is only one option to leave unless you have the Water Ninja with the Teleport skill, and there are the towers right next to the portal. Implement side entrances. They are good for invading too because otherwise you always jump in from a tree.
  • There are pathing issues. For example, when I wanted to port through the base wall and I was just below the casting range, the character changed direction and tried to circumvent the hindrance instead of getting closer. For such maps, just disable pathfinding.
  • The scroll has pathing too. I could observe this when throwing and immediately running after it. The character would slightly be displaced and deflected from its course.
  • The objective is not quite clear. Does killing grant points? How many times do you have to return the scroll? How to win?
  • The revival is faulty. We played the map on the Funmap Evening yesterday and someone's character did not return. For the review did I just playtest with kLoader 1on1 and both sides gained all sorts of new uncontrolled ninjas gradually probably from the respawn.
  • The affected area of Q Slash and W Dash should be marked better.
  • E Dagger can be spammed 5-6 times in a row -> control for that is quite horrible because you need to smash the button and each dagger deals only inferior damage.
  • R Hook is fairly stiff. It seemed not really flexible because once you have thrown the line, it walks this path almost exactly back before aligning to the caster's new position. If you absorb the segments and then jump/dash around, the segments will not return, therefore you have a chain with gaps/invisible.
  • The performance is poor. I am constantly on 30 fps and casually in bigger fights it drops below 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.