• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nightmares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This might sound weird to some, but does anyone know how to have a good nightmare? One that is actually worth telling people and useful for inspiration of some sorts? I've been trying somethings (drinking milk, sleeping on my back, etc.) but none of them seem to be helping me... Any suggestions?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Stay awake for some days, watch some horrific movies, and wait 'till you get knocked out by your lack of sleep. You're guaranteed to at least dream, and I guess it's pretty much 50/50 whether it's a "nightmare" or not. The thing is, there's a high possibility you'll forget all about it when you wake back up. There are better ways of finding inspiration.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

All that you dream of, even nightmares, are from your own imagination. It's things you've seen mixed together into something unreal. So-called "nightmares" are usually inconsistent, they don't make sense, but you try to escape something. At least in my experience, I've never seen any monster or whatever it is you want to see in a dream, or nightmare, and even if I did, I could not remember what it looked like when I woke up.

If you want inspiration for art, for instance, you might want to look at other peoples art, watch movies, go to galleries (real, online or both).. heck even read books, if it's in you, and a book describes something scary, you'll generate a picture of that monster and it is just a mater of patience to get it down on paper. A lot of people also find help in staying up late, drawing these things after midnight. There's numerous theories about it, but most artists find themselves to be more creative at night. Personally I feel home at night, the darkness is safe and all the sounds that you don't usually notice, because there's too much noise, come to life. Some say it's the moon too.

One thing I'm quite sure of though, is that trying to find inspiration in nightmares is nigh impossible.

Level 7
hmm....

I could get really high late at night and stare at your signature... lol

Reading books is a bit hard for me... Think therapy could possibly work in someway? Or a psychic?

Mainly I want a nice, good nightmare I can somehow remember 'cause a lot of music I listen to, most writers for it get a lot of inspiration off of nightmares...

Level 13
How to have nightmares:

Try to make yourself psychotic! If you dream frequently, and if you are bat fuck insane, your dreams are more likely to be quite disturbing!

Level 7
Yea but I'm not too good at trying to make myself psychotic. First I'd need a guide on how to get psychotic, then how to have nightmares while being psychotic...

Although instead of being a nightmare it could actually just be a really epic vision with John Lennon in it...

Level 7
I'm slightly 'young' I suppose... Not much bothers me... DAMN...

I've heard drinking milk before you go to bed helps you a lot and laying on your back because it supposedly makes you feel more insecure. The only problem is I don't know where I'm suppose to put my hands to make'm feel comfortable!!

Level 34
The only problem is I don't know where I'm suppose to put my hands to make'm feel comfortable!!

1. That sentence is creepy.
2. Deal with it, nightmares are only there to make you feel worse, t'is one vicious circle.

Level 7
Yea I kinda realized that didn't sounds right.. but you what I mean, where should I be on my back to be more comfortable...

You know what the f*k I mean...lol But then how about a vision, how can I have that easily?

Level 45
Yea but I'm not too good at trying to make myself psychotic. First I'd need a guide on how to get psychotic, then how to have nightmares while being psychotic...

Although instead of being a nightmare it could actually just be a really epic vision with John Lennon in it...
Dont be some poser.

Do things HOW they were or ARE.

EDIT: I think its a mockery you try to be such things, trying to get psychotic/have nightmares on purpose, something FORCED.

Its like breaking up with your gf or fighting with your friend just because you want to write sad poetry.

Level 13
I had a nightmare this night.

Although it inspired me to re-write a page of my novella, I definitely don't recommend trying to have nightmares. They hurt.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You sir, try to sleep without blanket in finland, norway or any other country what is in north when there is winter :)

Pump up the heat and you won't need a blanket. :>

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I can't sleep in a warm room.

Level 22
Hmmm, I haven't had a nightmare since I was 6, but you can get inspiration from other things than nightmares. I sometimes get inspiration or solutions to problems I have when I have lucid dreams, which I have every day. I sleep on my back btw.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Gee.. that's insanely hot.. who would want it that warm when you're going to sleep. I prefer 14-16 degrees Celsius when I'm going to sleep, and I keep it around 20 at daytime. As you understand, I'm not too happy about the hot summers, when it comes to sleeping. I do all I can to get the degrees at least down to 20 inside.. now-a-days I sleep with a window open because it's too hot to keep it closed.

As for not being able to pump up the heat in an apartment, why? I've never heard of that before.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Buy your own heater? Like one of these:
oljeovnXart280.jpg

Anyhow, you won't need one with 19-23 degrees inside though, a blanket is overkill already.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

On a related thought, I think you'd be easily exposed to nightmares if you managed to get asleep in a hot room.. hellish sensation, I guess.

Level 8
Actually drinking alcohol before bed will give you lucid dreams. Look it up.

Level 27
I tend to think all these different methods work for some people and not for others. The key is finding out what "type" of person you are so that you can test methods more likely to be effective for you.

Level 13
I tend to think all these different methods work for some people and not for others. The key is finding out what "type" of person you are so that you can test methods more likely to be effective for you.

While that is true, I'm determined to never ever drink alcohol, and advertising alcohol is bad.

Also, I liked your old avatar/text better. D:

Level 8
Here you are, "Drugs"

Any hallucinogenic will getcha going =) I personally prefer tabs, shrooms get you a bit sick but oh well, what ever you can get your hands on, am I right?

Level 9
Ill advised but true, so so true. Those psychadelic mushrooms will bring your nightmare to life 100x scarier than they would be in your sleep, but lets try to get to the nightmare phase legitamately shall we? I vote for sleeping without a blanket, and/or dreamcatcher over your bed? Whos with me?! LETS TAKE DOWN THOSE ARROGANT DREAMCATCHERS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Level 13
Try thinking up a sort of monster. Any kind will do.

I ended up with some sort of Cthulhu-esque thing, then I dreamt about an undead-looking little girl with no eyes. I can only remember her face clearly, and although it was hideous, the rest of the body wasn't right at all.

This resulted in me waking up an hour before I should. :mad:

Also, try meditating before your sleep and then think about things you're afraid of. It gets a lot more intense when you're only thinking about things that scare you. Obviously this only works if you can meditate, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.