• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Run

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Kathris slowly rode forward on her big white nightsaber. In the cover of the trees no mortal would be able to spot her. She peered over on the other side of the river, where the humans had established a base camp. She sighed, how could anyone do so great harm to nature, in the very lands of the kaldorei! She lifted her arm, and a green owl landed on it. Then she closed her eyes, and her view changed. Now she could see the humans base from above. They had only a few watchposts out, and they were sleeping. Katrish then opened her eyes. All in silent, she readied her bow, and then, she let a flaming arrow go, that was the signal. Soon, hundreds of arrows followed, and the moon darkened. "Onward children of the moon! Strike, Strike and drive these lumbering barbarians from our home!" Kathris cried, and rode forward, followed by a no more silent army.

This 2v2 takes place in the hearth of Ashenvale, at Night Run. The gold ressources are limited, requiring good strategists to win. The northen part of the map, resembles the light part of the forest. And the lower part is the more lumpy part of the forest, with a river and a harsh stonefield as a deadmansland between the two bases.

*Changes*

Added more details and terrain to the map, mostly in the upper region.
Added new drops to Thunder Lizards and Murloc Huntsman.
Increased drop on Giant Wolf.
Added packs of furbolgs to start locations.

Keywords:
Ashenvale, Forest, Green, Tree, War, River, Melee, Night, Run, Night Run, Peace, Fight, Tranquil, Lizard, Stone, Field, Troll, Murloc, Waterfall, Keep
Contents

Night Run (Map)

Reviews
22:12, 23rd Jun 2009 Rui: This map does not use the most recent Warcraft patch, and thus, does not contain the latest balance fixes. Rejected(until updated).

M

22:12, 23rd Jun 2009
Rui:
This map does not use the most recent Warcraft patch, and thus, does not contain the latest balance fixes. Rejected(until updated).

Level 31
This is my review about this map.

1) Terrain at bottom and middle of the map look good, but I have to said No to the upper terrain. The terrain at top of the map seems to be lacking. Try improve it.
2) Every gold mine must be guarded with creep even though there is a player starting location on it; playing this map at FFA 3 player would resulted into 1 player have a major advantage over the other. The gold mine with player starting location doesn't need to be guard by creep only if the map was a 1 vs 1 map.
3) Item distribution - Some creep was rather high level and yet it drop a low level item (Example would be the Giant Wolf), try fix that.

This map status was between 2/5 (Lacking) and 3/5 (Useful), once you fix this 3 error. It would be good enough for approval.

2/5 as for now.

Level 8
1) Terrain at bottom and middle of the map look good, but I have to said No to the upper terrain. The terrain at top of the map seems to be lacking. Try improve it.

The terrain at the top is just as good as the lower part, the differance lay in the rain, but if i added rain to northen part, it would look just as lumpy, and i dont want that.

Beside, i dont think your terrain in your map: Heion Forest look as good as this does, but that is my oppinion.

2) Every gold mine must be guarded with creep even though there is a player starting location on it; playing this map at FFA 3 player would resulted into 1 player have a major advantage over the other. The gold mine with player starting location doesn't need to be guard by creep only if the map was a 1 vs 1 map.

3) Item distribution - Some creep was rather high level and yet it drop a low level item (Example would be the Giant Wolf), try fix that.

Fixed!

Hope this will improve it to 3/5 in your eyes.

Level 31
Beside, i dont think your terrain in your map: Heion Forest look as good as this does, but that is my oppinion.

I just only have 1 advice to you, do not overestimate yourself. For your information, the staff at this site are strict at the quality term. If you do not get at least a rating 4 from me, your map would struggle to gain approval from the staff as I am very lenient at quality control.

And no, unless you fix the 3 problem that I mention. I would stick to 2/5.

If you want to know what is lacking over the terrain at north, feel free to request Rui to review it. He could explain it much better than me.