• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Next Texturing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
If you want snow orcs you might as well set the theme as "Winter", I can't think of many environmentally based outfit changes beyond bundling up for cold (Unless you rely heavily on modern apparel). Having snow-covered, icicle ridden buildings could be cool with such a theme as well.

Hawaii shirts for warmer environments? Joke aside, I think more creative ideas could come from the environmental outfits. Sand protecting outfits for deserts would definitely be a tempting option as well. Camo gear for jungles etc. There's plenty of options.

Level 25
And as far as creativity go - the most creative results come from being the most limited. If everybody work on the same model, we're going to see a lot of creative. As opposed to ripping from other games. Still a long month to discuss this, though, so keep the ideas coming.
This.

About the “Season/Terrain Theme”; I’d rather limit myself a bit more than that, a season/terrain covers far too much… Even though parts of me agree, it could be interesting. But as mentioned, I'd preferred to be more limited.

And yes..? Will there be a new contest anytime soon? :)

Level 25
This.

About the “Season/Terrain Theme”; I’d rather limit myself a bit more than that, a season/terrain covers far too much… Even though parts of me agree, it could be interesting. But as mentioned, I'd preferred to be more limited.

And yes..? Will there be a new contest anytime soon? :)

I think the problem we're having is that there aren't enough willing judges. Last contest had one judge, and I recall it being critized for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.