• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Icon Contest: Idea Poll

Select the theme you want. Read descriptions in the main post.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
1. Upgrade Ability
A set of icons that get more and more 'powerful'. Not upgrading a ladder ability icon, but entirelly creating a new one.

2. Hero Replacement
Pick a ladder hero, and redraw all his/her ability icons.

3. Seven Sins
Draw them all.

4. THW Forum
Redraw icons of your choice for any forum category.

5. Building Improvements
Make a set of icons that are related to improving buildings.

6. Crafting Materials
Icons of what you'll use when you want to create an item.

7. Attachment Model
Make few icons of few different attachment models from the Hive's model section.

8. Skin/Model Icons
Pick what custom resource you like, and create icons for it. Maybe with unit icon, too?

9. Mythological Creatures
Draw out some icons that are related to any MC you like. Includes Gods.

10. Food
Nom nom nom nom icons.

this. i like this one. i'm voting for it.

also, didn't we have food themed icon contest already? correct me if i'm wrong though.
Yes, we have. And we've also had 2. Hero Replacement before.

Thanks for the Poll, Apheraz Lucent.

And people, I'd like to you vote for 3 themes max/total vote. We want meaningful results.

3. Seven Sins
Draw them all.
Nope, I'd say pick 3-4 of them. 7 icons for one contest are too many.

8. Skin/Model Icons
Pick what custom resource you like, and create icons for it. Maybe with unit icon, too?
Yes, a unit icon + 3 ability icons, that should do it.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Here is my theory.

~Upgrade Chart
Nice idea, but i would keep this for further contests in the future, this seems like it would be popular with soem members, but with some it would be kinda hard.

~Hero Replacement
Again, another cool theme.. but, you have to look at it like this, A, do we really need more hero skins of the same hero? or, B do we need to replace them?

~Seven Sins
Ok, now this seems like a cool theme but i think it would be hard to create 'sin' type icons, some people may be confused about it and confused on what to make and all that. Cool idea, just a hard topic to draw and talk about.

~THW Forum
Hmm.. not sure what this one is .. but it seems alright. This is another one like 'seven sins' some people may not know what this topic may be talking about. Therefore it may be looked into a little more, and it might be in the next contests..

~Building Improvements
I can see this being useful, but im not sure what this topic is pointing at, regular warcraft buildings? or, models people have made? again, it needs more looked into before releasing it into the public, For me, i think it would be cool if they remade some of the regular warcraft building icons.. Because some of them are quite boring.

~Crafting Materials
Ok, cool.. like in Dota. Where you craft items to get even better ones.. ok sounds cool to me.. Again, another idea in the next contest, each contest has there own feeling and this topic doesn't really go with this one.

~Attachment Model
This topic seems a bit hard for some people, and for some not too hard. Good idea, just not very specific, or very pleasing.. It seems a bit boring.

~Skin/Model Icons
Ok, since this topic is getting the most votes, and i kinda like this one i will say this topic will win most likely.

~Mythological Creatures
Now this topic seems a bit hard. Replys to picking a idea of what type of creature to make or what type of 'god' to create. In my opinion this is a bit confusing at best, for most people.

~Food!
Now this is a overall good topic for any contest! this can be in the next one for sure! :p

-Cheers! . .

Level 30
Please, don't vote anymore.
13lack and I agreed to make the results until this day decide the next contest's theme.
But, since Pharaoh_ is inactive, poll remained open. Dang.

13lack, we got a winner. Since you want to host this contest, go ahead and create it.

To preserve the results for the next contests, someone please print screen the votes (open with users who voted) and post it here.

To preserve the results for the next contests, someone please print screen the votes (open with users who voted) and post it here.
Done.

Also, I'll probably host the contest on Sunday, I don't have time before then.
I'll post a link to it in the Theme thread and ask for a site announcement.
I'd also ask everyone to check out the theme poll again, we have to clarify some stuff first.

Status
Not open for further replies.